Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX problem when mounting Windows drive in AIX Post 302603506 by johnf on Thursday 1st of March 2012 07:12:08 AM
Old 03-01-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshiner
Hi,

I have a problem when I was trying to mount windows XP shared folder in AIX v5.3

I used command

and I got this:

what does it mean?
Is there any solution without install cifs?

Thanks
Does /mountpoint exist on the AIX system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem mounting different named drive

Hi all, I've got a system here in which I have put a hard drive that was previously mirrored in a supposedly identical system. I am now attempting to boot from this drive alone but get these messages: --- ad4: 58644MB <Maxtor 6Y060L0> at ata2-master UDMA100 Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ar0a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbostyx
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a Windows Network Drive on Solaris 10

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 OS. I would like to map a network drive to a Windows machine. I have typed the following command #mount 192.1.1.1:/content_dir /windows 192.1.1.1 - ip address of my windows box content_dir - directory that I have shared out to others users on my windows box... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
3 Replies

4. SCO

SCO6 NFS Problem mounting Windows resource

Hi, We are testing SCO6 for an upgrade. We currently have a SCO5.0.4 system that mounts a remote directory on a Windows 2000 server. The windows server has 'services for unix' installed to enable the required directory to be mounted on the SCO system. On SCO we run '/etc/mount -v -f NFS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnagra
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mounting a USB Drive in AIX 5.3 ML 6, P570

Hi Can somebody help me know , How can i mount a USB drive in my AIX 5.3 ML6, P570 Server. This is a Bit urgent for me. Thanks in advance.. Regards Raj (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
0 Replies

6. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

7. Linux

Mounting windows drive into linux server

Dear Experts, My buissness requierment is to place some automated files in Windows server, Now Can you help me to map the Windows folder into Linux server. Windows Details:-windows 2003 Linux Details:- $ uname -a Linux testdb.mawarid.local 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 16:36:54 EDT 2007... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Fareed
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 4.2.1 Tape Drive Problem

Hi, The problem I have is I want to restore my AIX machine. I have created a mksysb tape from my tape drive rmt0 and I changed the bootlist using this command "bootlist -m normal rmt0 hdisk0". However, when I display the bootlist "bootlist -om normal", it shows '-' hdisk0. I googled and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AixNoob87
2 Replies

9. AIX

How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server?

Hi, How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server. or vise versa. Note: Not using NFS/CIFS/samba. (*we are not able to use samba/NFS/CIFS for some reason) Requirement: How to have real time file sharing over the network between Windows and UNIX Do you guys have any ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies
CIFS.IDMAP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     CIFS.IDMAP(8)

NAME
cifs.idmap - Userspace helper for mapping ids for Common Internet File System (CIFS) SYNOPSIS
cifs.idmap [--version|-v] {keyid} DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the cifs-utils suite. cifs.idmap is a userspace helper program for the linux CIFS client filesystem. There are a number of activities that the kernel cannot easily do itself. This program is a callout program that does these things for the kernel and then returns the result. cifs.idmap is generally intended to be run when the kernel calls request-key(8) for a particular key type. While it can be run directly from the command-line, it is not generally intended to be run that way. cifs.idmap works in conjuction with winbind facility of Samba suite to map owner and group SIDs to uids and gids respectively. It is best utilized when - a mount option of cifsacl is specified when mounting a cifs share - winbind is specified as one of the search entries for passwd and group databases in file /etc/nsswitch.conf - file smb.conf has winbind specific entries - winbind daemon program is running In case winbind and cifs.idmap facilities are unavailable, file objects in a mounted share are assigned uid and gid of the credentials of the process that mounted the share. So it is strongly recomemended to use mount options of uid and gid to specify a default uid and gid to map owner SIDs and group SIDs respectively in case services of winbind and cifs.idmap facility are unavailable. OPTIONS
--version|-v Print version number and exit. CONFIGURATION FOR KEYCTL
cifs.idmap is designed to be called from the kernel via the request-key callout program. This requires that request-key be told where and how to call this program. Currently cifs.idmap handles a key type of: cifs.idmap This keytype is for mapping a SID to either an uid or a gid To make this program useful for CIFS, you will need to set up entry for it in request-key.conf(5). Here is an example of an entry for this key type: #OPERATION TYPE D C PROGRAM ARG1 ARG2... #========= ============= = = ================================ create cifs.idmap * * /usr/sbin/cifs.idmap %k See request-key.conf(5) for more info on each field. NOTES
Support for upcalls to cifs.idmap was initially introduced in the 3.0 kernel. SEE ALSO
request-key.conf(5), mount.cifs(8) AUTHOR
Shirish Pargaonkar wrote the cifs.idmap program. The Linux CIFS Mailing list is the preferred place to ask questions regarding these programs. cifs-utils 05/26/2011 CIFS.IDMAP(8)