Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Parameter Expansion with regular expression Post 302603499 by gjarms on Thursday 1st of March 2012 06:45:57 AM
Old 03-01-2012
Java Parameter Expansion with regular expression

Hello experts,

I am exploring parameter expansion, and trying to cut the fields in a URL.

Following is the requirement:

I have

// abc.nnt /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/somefile.java

What i need to get is the path after dir3, and dir3 will be passed.
output that i need is dir4/somefile.java.

I am trying to use like
path="https://abc.com/dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/somefile.java"
showseason=${path#https://abc.com/}
am getting /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4/somefile.java as the output.
Please let me know how will the required output.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression as parameter

Hello everybody, I have a problem with creating a script which allows a single parameter to be passed. Sorry if I'm not expert, I'm new at this and . The code is if ; then echo "Something" exit fi ...does other things... grep -i $1 $TEMPUSERS > $USERSFILE COUNT=`wc -l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gnappo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with parameter expansion

Say you have this numeric variable that can be set by the user but you never want it to leave a certain range when it gets printed. How could you use parameter expansion such that it will never expand outside of that boundary? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous update... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevenswj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash parameter expansion from a config file

Hi - I am trying to do a simple config file with known variable names in it, e.g.: contents of config file a.conf: -a -b $work -c $host simplified contents of bash script file: work='trunk' host='alaska' opts=$(tr '\n' ' ' < a.conf) opts="$opts $*" mycommand $opts arg1 arg2 The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrengert
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing in regular expression as a parameter to sed

Hi All, Im using Bash. I have a pipe delimited config file which contains 3 columns, 1st column = location of a file to be chnaged 2 column = expression to find within file 3rd column = string to replace. A script will loop through the contetnts of this file and apply the changes using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter expansion not working for all strings...

I'm trying to write a script that parses my music collection and hard link some filenames that my media player doesn't like to other names. To do this I need to extract the name and remove alla non ASCII characters from that and do a cp -l with the result. Problem is this: 22:16:58 $... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refuser
8 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

I have made the following examples that print various parameter expansions text: iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac (text%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz.d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018 (text%%.*): iv-hhz-sac/hpac/hhz (text#*.): d/iv.hpac..hhz.d.2016.250.070018.sac... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Parameter Expansion

#!/bin/bash SNMPW='/usr/bin/snmpwalk' while read h i do loc=$($SNMPW -v3 -u 'Myusername' -l authPriv -a SHA -A 'Password1' -x AES -X 'Password2' $i sysLocation.0 2>/dev/null) loc=${loc:-" is not snmpable."} loc=${loc##*: } loc=${loc//,/} echo "$i,$h,$loc" done < $1 My question is ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumguy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash : More parameter expansion and IFS

I am trying to become more fluent with the interworking of bash and minimize the number of external calls. Sample Data. This will be the response of the snmp query. SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: SomeHostName SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.9.1.1745... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use parameter expansion over a parameter expansion in bash.

Hello All, Could you please do help me here as I would like to perform parameter expansion in shell over a parameter expansion. Let's say I have following variable. path="/var/talend/nat/cdc" Now to get only nat I could do following. path1="${path%/*}" path1="${path1##*/}" Here... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
mhddfs(1)						      General Commands Manual							 mhddfs(1)

NAME
mhddfs - The driver combines a several mount points into the single one. SYNOPSIS
mhddfs /dir1,/dir2[,/path/to/dir3] /path/to/mount [-o options] mhddfs /dir1 dir2,dir3 /mount/point [-o options] ... fusermount -u /path/to/mount fstab record example: mhddfs#/path/to/dir1,/path/to/dir2 /mnt/point fuse defaults 0 0 mhddfs#/dir1,/dir2,/dir3 /mnt fuse logfile=/var/log/mhddfs.log 0 0 OPTIONS
with an -o option1,option2... you can specify some additional options: logfile=/path/to/file.log specify a file that will contain debug information. loglevel=x 0 - debug messages 1 - info messages 2 - standard (default) messages mlimit=size[m|k|g] a free space size threshold If a drive has the free space less than the threshold specifed then another drive will be choosen while creat- ing a new file. If all the drives have free space less than the threshold specified then a drive containing most free space will be choosen. Default value is 4G, minimum value is 100M. This option accepts suffixes: [mM] - megabytes [gG] - gigabytes [kK] - kilobytes For an information about the additional options see output of: mhddfs -h DESCRIPTION
The file system allows to unite a several mount points (or directories) to the single one. So a one big filesystem is simulated and this makes it possible to combine a several hard drives or network file systems. This system is like unionfs but it can choose a drive with the most of free space, and move the data between drives transparently for the applications. While writing files they are written to a 1st hdd until the hdd has the free space (see mlimit option), then they are written on a 2nd hdd, then to 3rd etc. df will show a total statistics of all filesystems like there is a big one hdd. If an overflow arises while writing to the hdd1 then a file content already written will be transferred to a hdd containing enough of free space for a file. The transferring is processed on-the-fly, fully transparent for the application that is writing. So this behaviour simu- lates a big file system. WARNINGS The filesystems are combined must provide a possibility to get their parameters correctly (e.g. size of free space). Otherwise the writing failure can occur (but data consistency will be ok anyway). For example it is a bad idea to combine a several sshfs systems together. Please read FUSE documentation for a further conception. COPYRIGHT
Distributed under GPLv3 Copyright (C) 2008 Dmitry E. Oboukhov <dimka@avanto.org> February 2008 mhddfs(1)