Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dump -Tv
Operating Systems AIX dump -Tv Post 302603222 by cecco16 on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 10:37:56 AM
Old 02-29-2012
dump -Tv

Hi guys,

i need some help to debbug a problem related to an executable file.
We I try to run it, it returns a problem related to a library (/usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)), and when I'm not confident reading the output from dump -Tv.

Code:
./xxxxx 
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./xxxxx because of the following errors:
        0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for xxxxx because:
        0509-136   Symbol __strtollmax (number 200) is not exported from
                   dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.
# dump -Tv xxxxx |grep 200

***Loader Section***

***Loader Symbol Table Information***
[Index]      Value      Scn     IMEX Sclass   Type           IMPid Name

[0]     0x200f3be0    .data              RW SECdef        [noIMid] __rtinit
[200]   0x00000000    undef      IMP     DS EXTref libc_r.a(shr.o) __strtollmax
[471]   0x200f3c4c    .data    ENTpt     DS SECdef        [noIMid] __start

Thanks for your help!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use next time
code tags for your code and data

Last edited by vbe; 02-29-2012 at 12:30 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Solaris

fs dump

how to dump fs? example: /opt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chobos
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

crash dump

hi friends, i know that when there is a crash then that memory image is put into /var/adm/crash but if the system hangs up and if i have access to console of that machine then how can i take the crash dump manully. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

core dump

Hi All, i am new to this forum.i want detail of reading the core file and trace the problem because of what the program get crashed.please help me.if any body knows any website or tutoril plese let me know. sudhir (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir patnaik
6 Replies

5. Solaris

crash dump

Can anyone of you help me in enabling crash dump on Solaris 5.5.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Core dump in HP-UX..

Hi All I am new for this forum. I have a core file by using gdb and bt cmd I got the function name but I want to the exact cause of the core dump because of I can not reproduse the binary so if any one know the cmd plz plz plz let me know. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
0 Replies

7. AIX

core dump

My application gives core dump. When i am debugging with dbx getting instructions below: pthdb_session.c, 818: 695445 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1941: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 warning: Unable to access address 0x0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bapi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and Restore

I want to copy over the contents of one partition on hard drive A to another partition on hard drive B. Using DD command caused problems since it overwrote the partition information on hard drive B and made hard drive B's partition size the same as the one on partition A. Our department manager... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

9. AIX

Core dump

Hi , I want to read core dump file on AIX5.3. While i am trying to use following commands, i am getting only few lines of information. ux201p3:e46123> dbx capsWrkstnMgr core Type 'help' for help. reading symbolic information ... Segmentation fault in malloc_common.extend_brk at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rps
1 Replies
Symbol(3m17n)							 The m17n Library						     Symbol(3m17n)

NAME
Symbol - Symbol objects and API for them. Typedefs typedef struct MSymbolStruct * MSymbol Type of symbols. Functions MSymbol msymbol (const char *name) Get a symbol. MSymbol msymbol_as_managing_key (const char *name) Create a managing key. int msymbol_is_managing_key (MSymbol symbol) Check if a symbol is a managing key. MSymbol msymbol_exist (const char *name) Search for a symbol that has a specified name. char * msymbol_name (MSymbol symbol) Get symbol name. int msymbol_put (MSymbol symbol, MSymbol key, void *val) Set the value of a symbol property. void * msymbol_get (MSymbol symbol, MSymbol key) Get the value of a symbol property. int msymbol_put_func (MSymbol symbol, MSymbol key, M17NFunc func) Set the value (function pointer) of a symbol property. M17NFunc msymbol_get_func (MSymbol symbol, MSymbol key) Get the value (function pointer) of a symbol property. Variables MSymbol Mnil Symbol whose name is 'nil'. MSymbol Mt Symbol whose name is 't'. MSymbol Mstring Symbol whose name is 'string'. MSymbol Msymbol Symbol whose name is 'symbol'. Detailed Description Symbol objects and API for them. The m17n library uses objects called symbols as unambiguous identifiers. Symbols are similar to atoms in the X library, but a symbol can have zero or more symbol properties. A symbol property consists of a key and a value, where key is also a symbol and value is anything that can be cast to (void *). 'The symbol property that belongs to the symbol S and whose key is K' may be shortened to 'K property of S'. Symbols are used mainly in the following three ways. o As keys of symbol properties and other properties. o To represent various objects, e.g. charsets, coding systems, fontsets. o As arguments of the m17n library functions to control their behavior. There is a special kind of symbol, a managing key. The value of a property whose key is a managing key must be a managed object. See Managed Object for the detail. Typedef Documentation typedef struct MSymbolStruct* MSymbol Type of symbols. The type MSymbol is for a symbol object. Its internal structure is concealed from application programs. Variable Documentation MSymbol Mnil Symbol whose name is 'nil'. The symbol Mnil has the name 'nil' and, in general, represents false or no. When coerced to 'int', its value is zero. Mnil can't have any symbol property. MSymbol Mt Symbol whose name is 't'. The symbol Mt has the name 't' and, in general, represents true or yes. MSymbol Mstring Symbol whose name is 'string'. The symbol Mstring has the name 'string' and is used as an argument of the functions mchar_define_property(), etc. MSymbol Msymbol Symbol whose name is 'symbol'. The symbol Msymbol has the name 'symbol' and is used as an argument of the functions mchar_define_property(), etc. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for The m17n Library from the source code. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 Symbol(3m17n)