Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dump -Tv
Operating Systems AIX dump -Tv Post 302603222 by cecco16 on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 10:37:56 AM
Old 02-29-2012
dump -Tv

Hi guys,

i need some help to debbug a problem related to an executable file.
We I try to run it, it returns a problem related to a library (/usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o)), and when I'm not confident reading the output from dump -Tv.

Code:
./xxxxx 
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./xxxxx because of the following errors:
        0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for xxxxx because:
        0509-136   Symbol __strtollmax (number 200) is not exported from
                   dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.
# dump -Tv xxxxx |grep 200

***Loader Section***

***Loader Symbol Table Information***
[Index]      Value      Scn     IMEX Sclass   Type           IMPid Name

[0]     0x200f3be0    .data              RW SECdef        [noIMid] __rtinit
[200]   0x00000000    undef      IMP     DS EXTref libc_r.a(shr.o) __strtollmax
[471]   0x200f3c4c    .data    ENTpt     DS SECdef        [noIMid] __start

Thanks for your help!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use next time
code tags for your code and data

Last edited by vbe; 02-29-2012 at 12:30 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. Solaris

fs dump

how to dump fs? example: /opt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chobos
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

crash dump

hi friends, i know that when there is a crash then that memory image is put into /var/adm/crash but if the system hangs up and if i have access to console of that machine then how can i take the crash dump manully. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mxms755
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

core dump

Hi All, i am new to this forum.i want detail of reading the core file and trace the problem because of what the program get crashed.please help me.if any body knows any website or tutoril plese let me know. sudhir (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir patnaik
6 Replies

5. Solaris

crash dump

Can anyone of you help me in enabling crash dump on Solaris 5.5.1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csreenivas
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Core dump in HP-UX..

Hi All I am new for this forum. I have a core file by using gdb and bt cmd I got the function name but I want to the exact cause of the core dump because of I can not reproduse the binary so if any one know the cmd plz plz plz let me know. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyanusoni
0 Replies

7. AIX

core dump

My application gives core dump. When i am debugging with dbx getting instructions below: pthdb_session.c, 818: 695445 PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) pthreaded.c, 1941: PTHDB_INTERNAL (internal error) Illegal instruction (illegal opcode) in . at 0x0 warning: Unable to access address 0x0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bapi
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dump and Restore

I want to copy over the contents of one partition on hard drive A to another partition on hard drive B. Using DD command caused problems since it overwrote the partition information on hard drive B and made hard drive B's partition size the same as the one on partition A. Our department manager... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
5 Replies

9. AIX

Core dump

Hi , I want to read core dump file on AIX5.3. While i am trying to use following commands, i am getting only few lines of information. ux201p3:e46123> dbx capsWrkstnMgr core Type 'help' for help. reading symbolic information ... Segmentation fault in malloc_common.extend_brk at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rps
1 Replies
Class::Loader(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Class::Loader(3pm)

NAME
Class::Loader - Load modules and create objects on demand. VERSION
$Revision: 2.2 $ $Date: 2001/07/18 20:21:39 $ SYNOPSIS
package Web::Server; use Class::Loader; @ISA = qw(Class::Loader); $self->_load( 'Content_Handler', { Module => "Filter::URL", Constructor => "new", Args => [ ], } ); DESCRIPTION
Certain applications like to defer the decision to use a particular module till runtime. This is possible in perl, and is a useful trick in situations where the type of data is not known at compile time and the application doesn't wish to pre-compile modules to handle all types of data it can work with. Loading modules at runtime can also provide flexible interfaces for perl modules. Modules can let the programmer decide what modules will be used by it instead of hard-coding their names. Class::Loader is an inheritable class that provides a method, _load(), to load a module from disk and construct an object by calling its constructor. It also provides a way to map modules names and associated metadata with symbolic names that can be used in place of module names at _load(). METHODS
new() A basic constructor. You can use this to create an object of Class::Loader, in case you don't want to inherit Class::Loader. _load() _load() loads a module and calls its constructor. It returns the newly constructed object on success or a non-true value on failure. The first argument can be the name of the key in which the returned object is stored. This argument is optional. The second (or the first) argument is a hash which can take the following keys: Module This is name of the class to load. (It is not the module's filename.) Name Symbolic name of the module defined with _storemap(). Either one of Module or Name keys must be present in a call to _load(). Constructor Name of the Module constructor. Defaults to "new". Args A reference to the list of arguments for the constructor. _load() calls the constructor with this list. If no Args are present, _load() will call the constructor without any arguments. CPAN If the Module is not installed on the local system, _load() can fetch & install it from CPAN provided the CPAN key is present. This functionality assumes availability of a pre-configured CPAN shell. _storemap() Class::Loader maintains a class table that maps symbolic names to parameters accepted by _load(). It takes a hash as argument whose keys are symbolic names and value are hash references that contain a set of _load() arguments. Here's an example: $self->_storemap ( "URL" => { Module => "Filter::URL", Constructor => "foo", Args => [qw(bar baz)], } ); # time passes... $self->{handler} = $self->_load ( Name => 'URL' ); _retrmap() _retrmap() returns the entire map stored with Class::Loader. Class::Loader maintains separate maps for different classes, and _retrmap() returns the map valid in the caller class. SEE ALSO
AnyLoader(3) AUTHOR
Vipul Ved Prakash, <mail@vipul.net> LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2001, Vipul Ved Prakash. All rights reserved. This code is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-04-27 Class::Loader(3pm)