Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris identify server type from ufsdump Post 302603207 by beta17 on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 10:59:50 AM
Old 02-29-2012
thanks guys, will check it now and give a feedback....

---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:10 AM ----------

Thank you again guys, you helped me alot!!!
solved my little problem :-D

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify type of file

hi all, i have the next question: how can i identify the type of a file? . I'm working in Unix (Solaris 5.7) and i would like identify if a file is or not is a "flat file". I need have a program what separates the flat file in a directory, and the excel file in another directory. I must get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to identify the type of shell using comands..

Dear friends, please tell me how to identify the type of the shell (whether cShell, kshell or anything else) please tell me the command. waiting for ur reply.... regards, swamymns (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
2 Replies

3. AIX

how to identify the raid type on aix

hi how to identify the raid type on aix? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Linux

how to identify the raid type on Linux?

Hi any idea on why I am getting this? /sbin/mdadm --detail /dev/md0 mdadm: md device /dev/md0 does not appear to be active. thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to identify which type of Apache is installed?

Hi, I need to find out which type of Apache is installed. following is the list of Apache types Covalent, IBM HTTP, HP Apache-based, Oracle, Stronghold and may be some other as well. If anyone know how to figure out this, please share it with me. Thanks Sarwan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
3 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Building New server using Ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building New server using ufsdump/ufsrestore

Hi Guys, Marry X-MAX in advance :) I would like to build a new server using ufsdump/ufsrestore. Both the servers are identical hardware and model. I am using Solaris 10 X86 O/S. I am having ufsdump "mydump.rootdump.gz" in a Central NFS server. What I did:- I took backup of root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
1 Replies

8. Solaris

ufsdump to a remote server

Hello, how can I use ufsdump utility for filesystem backup to a remote directory on a server dedicated for backups ( over network) ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mm00123
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Restore a server from a ufsdump

Hi guys i tried to restore a server from a ufsdump. For your information, the ufsdump was created on a v440 and i have to restore it to a v240... is it supported? should it work? don't know but i try! the problem is after restoring the filesystem, modify the vfstab, system file and install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Server migration - using ufsdump

hi all, i am refreshing my hardware, but i do not want to do a clean installation/reinstallation. I am wondering if i could do - do a ufsdump of the / partition (into a file on a nfs share) - bootup using cdrom in the new machine - mount the boot device/slice, and restore the ufsdump on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)