Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting A Block Of Data From A File (AWK) Post 302603167 by raj_55555 on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 08:44:41 AM
Old 02-29-2012
I would suggest posting the awk code you used, along with the format of the text (that you've already posted) again, and this time using the code tags to keep it readable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retreive a block of data from the file

Hi I have a several thousands lines text file. Is there any command(s), which would allow me to retreive a block of data between two specified lines of this file? Thanks a lot -A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retreive a block of data from the file

Hi I am running a 'grep' command to retrieve a line from the file. The problem is that I also need 21 lines which go right after the line I just 'grep'(ed) Is there a way to retrieve this block of data? Thanks -A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help selecting some rows with awk

Hi there, I have a text file with several colums separated by "|;#" I need to search the file extracting all columns starting with the value of "1" or "2" saving in a separate file just the first 7 columns of each row maching the criteria, with replacement of the saparators in the nearly created... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting lines using awk

I have a file which contains five hundred thousand lines (500,000). I want to select lines of every 1000 lines from that file using AWK. I can think something like this in bash as below: for lines in {0..500000..1000} do ........ ........ done But I want to use AWK. I do not know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjramana
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with selecting column with awk for a txt file generated by excel

I am new to scripting/programming, so I apologize for any novice questions. I have a tab delimited text file that was saved from excel xls file. I am trying to select only the third column using awk command. My command line is as below: cat test.txt | awk '{print $3}' However, above... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SangLad
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting data between [ and ]

Hi Team, I am searching through log file using grep -i '<search_key>' <file_name>|awk '{print $18}' example outputs are I would like to select the data between and no other as I am getting some junk characters sometimes which chaging the o/p display format. Kindly assist.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk for selecting lines in a file avoiding repetition

Hello, I am using Awk in UBUNTU 12.04. I have a file as following with 48,432,354 lines and 4 fields. The file has this structure (There are repetitions of the first column in several lines) AB_14 S54 A G AB_14 S55 A A AB_14 S56 G G GO_15 S45 T A GO_15 S46 A A PT_16 S33 C C PT_16 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for selecting columns of different data files

Hello friends, How can I use awk commands to obtain selective blocks from different data files. For example file1 a b c d e f g h i file2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 output a b 2 3 d e 5 6 g h 8 9 is it possible ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk --> math-operation in data-record and joining with second file data

Hi! I have a pretty complex job - at least for me! i have two csv-files with meassurement-data: fileA ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extarct block data using awk

I have 3 block data with Process Beginning and Process Ending I need to Print Begining and ending lines of block data other than sqlExtracts blocks Process Beginning - 2016-04-02-00.36.13---->Print this line Putting Files To daADadD for File will move to /sadafJJHFASJFFASJ/ Extract... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushma123
8 Replies
CREEPY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 CREEPY(1)

NAME
CREEPY - A geolocation information aggregator DESCRIPTION
creepy is an application that allows you to gather geolocation related information about users from social networking platforms and image hosting services. The information is presented in a map inside the application where all the retrieved data is shown accompanied with rele- vant information (i.e. what was posted from that specific location) to provide context to the presentation. FEATURES
Map providers available : Google Maps - Virtual Maps - Open Street Maps Location information retieval from : Twitter's tweet location: Coordinates when tweet was posted from mobile device. Place (geographical name) derived from users ip when posting on twitter's web interface. Place gets translated into coordinates using geonames.com" Bounding Box derived from users ip when posting on twitter's web interface.The less accurate source , a corner of the bounding box is selected randomly. Geolocation information accessible through image hosting services API EXIF tags from the photos posted. Social networking platforms currently supported: Twitter Foursquare (only checkins that are posted to twitter). Image hosting services currently supported : flickr - information retrieved from API twitpic.com - information retrieved from API and photo exif tags yfrog.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags img.ly - information retrieved from photo exif tags plixi.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags twitrpix.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags foleext.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags shozu.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags pickhur.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags moby.to - information retrieved from API and photo exif tags twitsnaps.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags twitgoo.com - information retrieved from photo exif tags NOTES
Automatic caching of retrieved information in order to reduce API calls and the possibility of hitting limit rates. GUI with navigable map for better overview of the accumulated information 4 Maps providers (including Google Maps) to use. Open locations in Google Maps in your browser Export retrieved locations list as kmz (for Google Earth) or csv files. Handling twitter authentication in an easy way using oAuth. User credentials are not shared with the application. User/target search for twitter and flickr. AUTHOR
creepy was written by Yiannis Kakavas <jkakavas@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Daniel Echeverry for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
The full documentation which includes the keys descriptions is in /usr/share/doc/creepy/README. MAY 08, 2011 CREEPY(1)