Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how do i execute nohup and background job inside the korn script for db2 Post 302602955 by methyl on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 06:55:54 PM
Old 02-28-2012
First impressions, too much punctuation. Assuming that this is meant to be a Korn Shell Function called with load_cursor_stmt later in the full script:

Corrected code:
Code:
load_cursor_stmt()
{
ls /db/admin/ddl/rmn01000/load_cursor*.sql|while read file
 do
 echo "${file}"
   nohup db2 -tvf "$file" &
done
}

The backticks are pointless and not required or desirable. The escape of the background command "&" as "\&" is not required or desirable and caused the parameter "&" to be presented to the "db2" command and not executed by the Shell.

Last edited by methyl; 02-28-2012 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: removed excess space characters, removed some comment. Corrected spellin of corrected!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to execute background job

I am unable to execute the below command in background. Plz suggest. #> ./test input >out & 913618 + Stopped (SIGTTIN) ./test input >out & Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute Script using nohup and &

Hi all, I have one script test.sh for which I pass two arguments. In the same script I need to submit this script in background using nohup. My script like this and it is working in HP-UX os but not Solaris. #! /bin/sh if then MTR_PID=$$ export MTR_PID echo "test.sh $1 $2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhar_423
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Korn Shell script on Solaris to DB2 UDB LUW database

I am rather new to korn shell scripting and attempting to write a Unix script that would detach, attach a range partition table in DB2 UDB LUW database. This would be a job scheduled in control M that reads in an input file with 5 parameters passed to it from the application. I don't have much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjhanso
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nohup - sub job in script not executing until I exit

My job is launched using this command: I'm at home and having VPN drops so I used nohup and background. nohup perf_mon -c rating_4_multi,cfg & The main script is PID 26119, and the sub task under it is 26118 which is not running - just sits there. 26119 runs forever but nothing else runs. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ido1957
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using ssh to execute a remote script in the background

Help please!! I want to use ssh to execute a remote exe and while it's running I want to query for the process ID of the exe (2 different ssh commands) 1. sshpass -p "<passwd>" ssh -f -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no root@<ipaddress> nohup /tmp/mmds_asyn & 2.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvompoluTMW
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass tablenames from a file to shell script to execute create statement in DB2

Hi, I am new to Shell Scripting, and I need to create nicknames for 600 tables in db2. I have the file names in a text file and i have to pass these table names to a shell script create nicknames in db2. Can some one please help me in this regard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamalanaatha
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in listing directories inside korn shell script

Hi All, I need to loop through each item in current path, if it is a direcotry do soemthing, if its a file jsut skip it and move to next item in loop. Tried if test ! -d $i then echo "The current item $i is not a directory" continue fi This doesnt seems to be working .... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute korn shell script from different directory

Guy's , I need to run korn shell script from different directory, usually I run the script using ./details.ksh in the same directory but now I need to run the file and process details using awk code. Now I am running the script this way but with no luck Directory = home/users/work ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nohup inside shell script

Hi, I want to run another script inside shelll script in nohup mode. let explain. under the same folder ,I have two scripts scrone.sh scrtwo.sh In scrone.sh if then nohup ./scrtwo.sh & echo " Script two has been run correctly" else echo " Exiting from the script" fi If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn Shell script in stopped state while running in background

Hi, I want to run a shell script in background . but its going to stopped state $ ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & 8975 $ + Stopped (tty output) ksh cat_Duplicate_Records_Removal.ksh & why is this happening? Also could anyone please tell me what is a stopped... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
12 Replies
asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS) 				   User Commands				   asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-admin-objects, list-admin-objects - gets all the administered objects SYNOPSIS
list-admin-objects --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Lists all the administered objects. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using list-admin-objects asadmin> list-admin-objects --user admin --password admin123 Command list-admin-objects executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-admin-object(1AS), asadmin-delete-admin-object(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-admin-objects(1AS)