Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux High TCP segment retransmit rate Post 302602844 by digitalrg on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 01:41:41 PM
Old 02-28-2012
Hi Corona,

Still no go...... Smilie
Interestingly I found that this increases over a period of 4 hours 12:00 to 16:00 EST. I happen to see if any switch issues - no. any db/application traffic increase-no

So any one needs more info to dig through?

-RK

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

2. Programming

Segment Fault

When run it, segment fault. What is wrong? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> const int max =20; //**************************************************** // Input Matrix //**************************************************** void inMatrixAA(int *AA, int row, int col)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

code segment

how do i close a do code segment? od? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

4. Programming

How can I know where the segment of memory is all Zero?

I mean, I malloc a segment of memory, maybe 1k maybe 20bytes.. assume the pointer is pMem How can I know the content pMem refered is all Zero or \0 . I know memcmp but the second parameter should another memory address... thanx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
4 Replies

5. Programming

Data segment or Text segment

Hi, Whether the following piece of code is placed in the read-only memory of code (text) segment or data segment? char *a = "Hello"; I am getting two different answers while searching in google :( that's why the confusion is (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

7. Programming

why segment fault,

I always get segment fault, why? can sb help me and modify it, I have spend on much time on #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include <string.h> #define MAX 10 pthread_t thread; void *thread1() { int *a; int i, n; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies
tztab(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  tztab(4)

NAME
tztab - time zone adjustment table for date and ctime() DESCRIPTION
The file describes the differences between Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) and local time. Several local areas can be represented simul- taneously with historical detail. The file consists of one or more time zone adjustment entries. The first line of the entry contains a unique string that may match the value of the string in the user's environment. The format is where is the time zone name or abbreviation, diff is the difference in hours from UTC, and is the name or abbreviation of the "Daylight Savings" time zone. Fractional values of diff are expressed in minutes preceded by a colon. Each such string will start with an alphabetic character. The second and subsequent lines of each entry details the time zone adjustments for that time zone. The lines contain seven fields each. The first six fields specify the first minute in which the time zone adjustment, specified in the seventh field, applies. The fields are separated by spaces or tabs. The first six are integer patterns that specify the minute (0-59), hour (0-23), day of the month (1-31), month of the year (1-12), year (1970-2038), and day of the week (0-6, with 0=Sunday). The minute, hour, and month of the year must contain a number in the (respective) range indicated above. The day of the month, year, and day of the week can contain a number as above or two numbers separated by a minus (indicating an inclusive range). Either the day of the month or the day of the week field must be a range, the other must be simple number. The seventh field is a string that describes the time zone adjustment in its simplest form: where is an alphabetic string giving the time zone name or abbreviation, and diff is the difference in hours from UTC. must match either the field or the field in the first line of the time zone adjustment entry. Any fractional diff is shown in minutes. Comments begin with a in the first column, and include all characters up to a newline. Comments are ignored. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
International Code Set Support Single-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
The time zone adjustment table for the Eastern Time Zone in the United States is: Normally (as indicated in the first line) Eastern Standard Time is five hours earlier than UTC. During Daylight Savings time, it changes to a 4 hour difference. The first time Daylight Savings Time took effect (second line) was on January 6, 1974 at 3:00 a.m., EDT. Note that the minute before was 1:59 a.m., EST. The change back to standard time took effect (sixth line) on the last Sunday in November of the same year. At that point, the time went from 1:59 a.m., EDT to 1:00 a.m., EST. The transition to Daylight Savings Time since then has gone from the last Sunday in February (third line) to the last Sunday in April (fourth line) to the first Sunday in April (fifth line). The return to standard time for the same period has remained at the last Sunday in October (seventh line). AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
SEE ALSO
date(1), ctime(3C), environ(5). tztab(4)