Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Display Issues on Common Desktop Enviroment CDE Post 302602812 by firestar on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 12:01:39 PM
Old 02-28-2012
Display Issues on Common Desktop Enviroment CDE

I configured CDE on AIX server and lauched CDE from desktop using reflection 14.1.

I can lauch xclock with my own id
but when i Su to any other id and try xclock it is giving the follwoing error
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken ( explicit kill or server shutdown).

Please elp on this issue.
thanks
Firestar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Common Desktop Environment Question

Hello, I'm experiencing a strange problem with CDE on a Solaris workstation. The Desktop is bigger than the screen. In otherwords, when I open an xterm half of the xterm window appears half off the screen. When I move the mouse up to the top of the new xterm the control panel scrolls off the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radimus
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote control of cde desktop>?

Does anyone know if there is software out there top allow me to take remote control of a remote CDE desktop like using MS netmeeting? I do not mean mimick the window I mean take over/share the same session. Any help is appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Display program running on CDE via GNOME

Hi All, I have one AIX box (5.1 with CDE running) and one Linux box ( FC3 with GNOME on it). What I want to be able to do is : SSH from the Linux box into the AIX box and then open an X term to launch a X window application. I am not able to do that. My guess is that the window mangers and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navinxavier
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to display SUSE desktop?

Hi, can someone tell me how to display SUSE graphical desktop (xterm, xstart or smth),? thx d. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command display issues

I am using AIX version 5.3 I like the cal function because I can print a nice concise view of the calendar for the whole year. I want the calendar to display with 3 months across instead of 2, which is what is happening. My terminal display is set with 67 rows and 140 columns so that should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruddydaggerwing
0 Replies

6. AIX

CDE running but not display on screen

Runing p550Q via HMC I'd like to start using graphic interface CDE: lslpp -l | grep X11.Dt* X11.Dt.ToolTalk -- AIX CDE ToolTalk Support X11.Dt.bitmaps -- AIX CDE Bitmaps X11.Dt.helpmin -- AIX CDE Minimum Help Files X11.Dt.helprun -- AIX CDE Runtime Help X11.Dt.lib -- AIX CDE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: silves
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How do I switch from CDE to Java Desktop in Solaris 10?

I am a newbie to Solaris/UNIX. I just installed Solaris 10 and accidentally chose CDE as my desktop instead of Java. How can I set Java Desktop as my desktop? Because before i installed my mechine is using java and more beauty from CDE.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moslemovic
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

not large enough to display the application in red hat linux x win desktop

I use red hat linux es 5 I use startx to start the x-win desktop. But when I use vritual manager . The display application is too large so the bottom part for the application cannot show out. I cannot scroll down to get the display of bottm part . So, I do not know what button display at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE

Hi all, I canīt get a remote desktop login through CDE only with root user. There are messages in the Xerror file: /usr/bin/X11/xset: bad font path element (#0), possible causes are: Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions Directory missing fonts.dir Incorrect font... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0m3n
5 Replies

10. Linux

Issues with desktop resolution on Oracle Linux 6.7

Hi All, I have recently installed Oracle Linux 6.7 server on Virtual box 5.1. The installation went smooth and i was able to create a VM on Windows 7 as host.The issue is that the default desktop that i see is not at the default resolution and i am only able to see half of the screen. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
0 Replies
DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow(library call)							       DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow(library call)

NAME
DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow -- get the backdrop window for the current workspace SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Wsm.h> Window DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow( Display *display, Window root); DESCRIPTION
The DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow function works with the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), and returns the window used as the backdrop for the current workspace. The display argument is the X display. The root argument is the root window of the screen of interest. RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow returns the window used as the backdrop for the current workspace. The func- tion returns None if there is no backdrop window for the workspace or if the CDE workspace manager is not running. APPLICATION USAGE
If the DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow function is not successful, failure may be due to a memory allocation error or failure to find the correct workspace information (that is, the CDE workspace manager, dtwm(1), is not running). SEE ALSO
Dt/Wsm.h - DtWsm(5), dtwm(1), DtWsmGetCurrentWorkspace(3), DtWsmGetWorkspaceInfo(3). DtWsmGetCurrentBackdropWindow(library call)