Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Conditional replace after reading in a file Post 302602786 by naveen@ on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 10:56:17 AM
Old 02-28-2012
Hi Corona688,

Sorry about the confusion and lack of clarity
If port3 is 1 i wouldnt want to replace current and next line. Only if port3 is 0 i would like to replace current P0 with M0 and next P0 with 00 (provided in the next v{} the port3 is again not 1)

---------- Post updated at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:55 AM ----------

I edited the snippet above to make the problem clear with inline comments

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional string replace for each line

Hi all, I appreciate the enormous amount of knowledge that flows in this forum. I am an average UNIX user. I have many files with lines like the below. I have separated each line with space for ease of reading. I need to replace the first occurance of "/00" with null on those lines that have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help to do conditional find and replace

Hi, I have a Line input for awk as follows DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW MCR.COMM_STACK; CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MCR"."COMM_STACK" ON PREBUILT TABLE WITHOUT REDUCED PRECISION USING INDEX REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT SYSDATE + 7 WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a column with a value conditional on a value in col1

Hi, Perhaps a rather simple problem...? I have data that looks like this. BPC0013 ANNUL_49610 0 0 1 1 BPC0014 ANNUL_49642 0 0 2 1 BPC0015 ANNUL_49580 0 0 1 1 BPC0016 ANNUL_49596 0 0 2 1 BPC0017 VULGO_49612 0 0 1 1 BPC0018 ANNUL_49628 0 0 1 1 BPC0019 ANNUL_49692 0 0 2 1 170291_HMG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed conditional replace

Given this row: |lastname1|middlename1|firstname1|lastname2|middlename2|firstname2 produce this result: |lastname|middlename|firstname where the resultant names are based on the presence of the #2 names above. I.e., if a #2 name is passed (usually will be null,) use that - otherwise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Search/Replace

I'm looking for an awk or (preferably) sed solution to search a pipe delimited file for any occurrence of an email address that does not include a designed domain, and replace the email address with a blank. E.g. hello|smith@designateddomain.com|jones@anotherdomain.edu|1234| turns into: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional \n replace for each line

How could be removed \n only if appearing at position 80 in the line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RomanF
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

sed replace file contents by reading from another file

Hello, My input file1 is like this by tab-delimited chr1 mm10_knownGene stop_codon 3216022 3216024 0.000000 - . gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; chr1 mm10_knownGene CDS 3216025 3216968 0.000000 - 2 gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace query by reading the file

Hi Guys, I am having below file which holds data like this file.txt name,id,flag apple,1,Y apple,2,N mango,1,Y mango,2,Y I need to read the above file and frame a query like this hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1 from main_table;" hive -s -e "create mango_view as select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)