Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search from one file and print the next line Post 302602739 by balajesuri on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 08:06:49 AM
Old 02-28-2012
Code:
grep -c -f file_containing_pattern file_to_be_searched

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for text and print the next line

Hi, I want to write a small script to search for a text in file and when its found I want to print the next line. I try to write that script but I could not manage it, I just write the following script the find the exact line but I want the next line. $ sed -n -e '/Form not/p' test.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alijassim
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the line within the search pattern

Hi Guys, I had file as typedef struct { char TrailerType1; char TrailerTxt1; }Trailer; typedef struct { char PfigMoneyType; char PfigMoneyvalue; }PfigMoney; i need to print the lines within the search pattern. if i give the search pattern as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manosubsulo
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text from a file and print text and one previous line too

Hi, Please let me know how to find text and print text and its previous line. Please don't get irritated few days back I asked text and next line. I am using HP-UX 11.11 Thanks for your help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search column, print line

Hello. I've been banging my head against walls trying to search a comma delimited file, using awk. I'm trying to search a "column" for a specific parameter, if it matches, then I'd like to print the whole line. I've read in multiple texts: awk -F, '{ if ($4 == "string") print $0 }'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matthias03
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and print the rest of line

Hi Guys, I need to search a string and print the rest of the lines... input: 8 0 90 1 0 59 20 2488 96 30006dde372 S ? 0:00 /etc/opt/SUNWconn/atm/bin/atmsnmpd -n output: 00 /etc/opt/SUNWconn/atm/bin/atmsnmpd -n Actually i don even need the first "00".. any suggestions is appreciated..... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search Duplicates, Print Line #

Masters, I have a text file in the following format. vrsonlviee RVEBAALSKE lyolzteglx UUOSIWMDLR pcybtapfee DKGFJBHBJO ozhrucfeau YQXATYMGJD cjwvjolrcv YDHALRYQTG mdukphspbc CQZRIOWEUB nbiqomzsgw DYSUBQSSPZ xovgvkneav HJFQQYBLAF boyyzdmzka BVTVUDHSCR vrsonlviee TGTKUCUYMA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in a line and print next 15 lines.

I have a text file ( basically a log file) and i have 2 words (alpha, beta), Now i want to search these two words in one line and then print next 15 lines in a temp file. there would be many lines with alpha and beta But I need only last occurrence with "alpha" and "beta" and next 15 lines. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - use search keywords from array and search a file and print 3rd field when matched

Hi , I have been trying to write a perl script to do this job. But i am not able to achieve the desired result. Below is my code. my $current_value=12345; my @users=("bob","ben","tom","harry"); open DBLIST,"<","/var/tmp/DBinfo"; my @input = <DBLIST>; foreach (@users) { my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and print next all lines in one line until blank line

Dear all I want to search special string in file and then print next all line in one line until blank lines come. Help me plz for same. My input file and desire op file is as under. i/p file: A1/EXT "BSCABD1_21233G1" 757 130823 1157 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search file and print everything except multiple search terms

I'm trying to find a way to search a range of similar words in a file. I tried using sed but can't get it right:sed 's/\(ca01\)*//'It only removes "ca01" but leaves the rest of the word. I still want the rest of the information on the lines just not these specific words listed below. Any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
3 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)