Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find out the shell of the shell script? Post 302602697 by balajesuri on Tuesday 28th of February 2012 04:39:13 AM
Old 02-28-2012
I understood your question. What I'm saying is, if the shebang line (#! /bin/ksh) is interpreted without errors, isn't that a sufficient proof that it is indeed on ksh?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find files

I have a directory which contains files with different kinds of extensions .everyday a file with .log gets added to it .i want to extract the file with .log extension which is created with todays date . thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_samba2005
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command from a shell script

Hi experts, I have a shell script (korn shell on aix) where I am giving find command with file options which are read from a configuration file. For some reason I am getting an error find: 0652-017. I have put set -x in the shell script and the command looks okay. If I cut it and paste it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

c shell script help with find

Okie here is my problem, 1. I have a directory with a ton of files. 2. I want to first get an input on how many days ago the files were created. 3. I will take those files and put it into another file 4. Then I will take the last # from each line and subtract by 1 then diff the line from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bigboizvince
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script 'find' command

I have a script that has the following command: find /home/user -name test.dat The script works as desired when running normally. However, when I run the script preceding it with 'sh', it fails. Is there something I need to account for when preceding the execution of the script with 'sh'? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsavitch
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with find/whereis C Shell Script

Use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C Shell Script called "hunt" that takes a filename as it's single parameter and displays the full pathname of every file name that matches,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2C
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command in Shell Script

hi I am a newbee in Shell scripting (hardly 7 days) I have to execute a shell script which looks like this #!/bin/sh var1=`date +"%Y%m%d"` echo $var1 find . -name "$var1*" -exec mv {} Delete/ \; the find command in the script is running independently but when kept in this script it is... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetnsourabh
24 Replies

7. Programming

Shell script to find Percentage?

Hi all, I havea log of data.log bear,10000,white bear,5000,black chicken,2000,white chicken,4000,yellow chicken,3000,black lion,6000,yellow lion,1000,white How can we have shell script to get the percentage of each animals? Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in Shell script

Friends, I have more than 1000 lines in text file which needs to be converted as UPPERCASE by adding _ com.sun.url=www.sun.com com.ssl.port=808 com.ui.path=/apps/ssi Expected output com.sun.url=_COM.SUN.URL_ com.ssl.port=_COM.SSL.PORT_ com.ui.path=_COM.UI.PATH_ Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help script shell find fichier

Hello, I am looking for a shell script that can 1- take as input a variable, like "server.cpu" 2- do a search for that variable in a directory that contains subdirectories. The search will start at the last subdirectory working up to the top level if I can not find the file 3-... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georg2014
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
let(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate "arithmetic expression" to be evaluated. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 let(1)