Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print between multi line pattern Post 302602564 by bartus11 on Monday 27th of February 2012 05:41:30 PM
Old 02-27-2012
Try:
Code:
perl -ln0e '/\+-\n\n(.*?;)/s;print $1' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Line if next line Match a pattern

Hi All, Does anyone know how to print 1H1A....... in peal script print line ^1H1A....... if next line equal 5R0RECEIPT.... Thank for help:D Cat st.txt 1H1A-IN-11-5410-0009420|1010047766|dsds|1|N|IN|IN|000000|1||N|<<<line match 5R0RECEIPT| 5R0RECEIPT|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittiwas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare pattern and print a different pattern in each line

Hi, I am writing a shell script to parse some files, and gather data. The data in the files is displayed as below. .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: .... .......xyz: abz: ......qrt: ... I have tried using awk and cut, but the position of these values keep changing, so I wasn't able to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serena
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiple multi line blocks of text containing pattern

Hi, I have a log file which has sessionids in it, each block in the log starts with a date entry, a block may be a single line or multiple lines. I need to sed (or awk) out the lines/blocks with that start with a date and include the session id. The files are large at several Gb. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only next pattern in a line after a pattern match

I have 2013-06-11 23:55:14 1Umexd-0004cm-IG <= user@domain.com I need sed/awk operation on this, so that it should print the very next pattern only after the the pattern mach <= ie only print user@domain.com (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match Pattern and print pattern and multiple lines into one line

Hello Experts , require help . See below output: File inputs ------------------------------------------ Server Host = mike id rl images allocated last updated density vimages expiration last read <------- STATUS ------->... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigerhills
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all the multi line pattern and redirecting it to a file?

I've a file like this {multi line ....... ....... pattern} { some other stuff ......... } {multi line ....... ....... pattern} { some other stuff ......... } and so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aamir_raihan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
IO::Async::Signal(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    IO::Async::Signal(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Signal" - event callback on receipt of a POSIX signal SYNOPSIS
use IO::Async::Signal; use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; my $signal = IO::Async::Signal->new( name => "HUP", on_receipt => sub { print "I caught SIGHUP "; }, ); $loop->add( $signal ); $loop->run; DESCRIPTION
This subclass of IO::Async::Notifier invokes its callback when a particular POSIX signal is received. Multiple objects can be added to a "Loop" that all watch for the same signal. The callback functions will all be invoked, in no particular order. EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_receipt Invoked when the signal is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": name => STRING The name of the signal to watch. This should be a bare name like "TERM". Can only be given at construction time. on_receipt => CODE CODE reference for the "on_receipt" event. Once constructed, the "Signal" will need to be added to the "Loop" before it will work. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Signal(3pm)