Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xml to csv using sed and awk command Post 302602528 by sbk on Monday 27th of February 2012 03:54:34 PM
Old 02-27-2012
xml to csv using sed and awk command

Hi Guys,

Can you help me in creating shell script using sed,awk etc commands to generate csv file using xml file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml with awk/sed

Hi people!, I need extract from the file (test-file.txt) the values between <context> and </context> tag's , the total are 7 lines,but i can only get 5 or 2 lines!!:confused: Please look my code: #awk '/context/{flag=1} /\/context/{flag=0} !/context/{ if (flag==1) p rint $0; }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricgamch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/something else for csv file

Hi, I have a filename.csv in which there are 3 colums, ie: Name ; prefixnumber ; number root ; 020 ; 1234567 user1,2,3 ; 070 ; 7654321 What I want is to merge colum 2 and 3 that it becomes 0201234567 or even better +31201234567 so the country number is used and drop the leading 0.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: necron
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in using sed/awk for line insertion in xml

Hello, I have two text files (txt1 and txt2). txt1 contains many lines with a single number in each line. txt2 (xml format) contains information about the numbers given in txt1. I need to insert one line in txt2 within the scope of each number taken from txt1. Sample problem: txt1: 12 23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML- Sed || Awk Bash script... Help!

Hi ! I'm working into my first bash script to make some xml modification and it's going to make me crazy lol .. so I decide to try into this forum to take some ideas from people that really know about this! This is my situation I've and xml file with a lots of positional values with another tags... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: juampal
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and or sed command to sum the value in repeating tags in a XML

I have a XML in which <Amt Ccy="EUR">3.1</Amt> tag repeats. This is under another tag <Main>. I need to sum all the values of <Amt Ccy=""> (Ccy may vary) coming under <Main> using awk and or sed command. can some help? Sample looks like below <root> <Main> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bk_12345
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify xml using sed or awk

Hi All, I want to modify(changing the status from "on" to "off" status of Stage-element value from the below xml file using sed or awk: File Name: global.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config> <widget> <name>HTTP-POOL</name> <attributes> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wamqemail2
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does the sed command here exactly doing to csv file?

I have the following csv file at the path; now using sed command. what is this exactly doing. sed -i 's//,/g' /FTP/LAB_RESULT_CM.csv Thank you very much for the helpful info. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies
scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)				       Sun Cluster Commands					scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)

NAME
scha_resourcetype_get - access resource type information SYNOPSIS
scha_resourcetype_get -O optag -T type DESCRIPTION
The scha_resourcetype_get command accesses information about a resource type that is registered with the Resource Group Manager (RGM). Use this command in shell script implementations of the callback methods for resource types that represent services that are controlled by the RGM. This command provides the same information as the scha_resourcetype_get(3HA) C function. Information is output by this command to the standard output (stdout) in formatted strings, as described in the scha_cmds(1HA) man page. Output is a string or several strings that are output on separate lines. You can store the output in shell variables. You can also parse the output by using the awk(1) command or other shell commands for further use by the script. You need solaris.cluster.resource.read RBAC authorization to use this command. See the rbac(5) man page. Authorized users can issue privileged Sun Cluster commands on the command line from the pfsh(1), pfcsh(1), or pfksh(1) profile shell. A profile shell is a special kind of shell that enables you to access privileged Sun Cluster commands that are assigned to the Sun Cluster Commands rights profile. A profile shell is launched when you run su(1M) to assume a role. You can also use pfexec(1) to issue privileged Sun Cluster commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -O optag Indicates the information to be accessed. Note - optag options, such as API_VERSION and BOOT, are not case sensitive. You can use any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters when you specify optag options. The following optag values retrieve the corresponding resource type properties. The value of the named property of the resource's type is output. API_VERSION BOOT FAILOVER FINI INIT INIT_NODES INSTALLED_NODES IS_LOGICAL_HOSTNAME IS_SHARED_ADDRESS MONITOR_CHECK MONITOR_START MONITOR_STOP PKGLIST POSTNET_STOP PRENET_START RESOURCE_LIST RT_BASEDIR RT_DESCRIPTION RT_SYSTEM RT_VERSION SINGLE_INSTANCE START STOP UPDATE VALIDATE -T type Is the name of a resource type that is registered for use by the RGM cluster facility. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. nonzero An error occurred. Failure error codes are described scha_calls(3HA). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscdev | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
awk(1), scha_cmds(1HA), scha_calls(3HA), scha_resourcetype_get(3HA), attributes(5), rt_properties(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 31 May 2006 scha_resourcetype_get(1HA)