Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Using mutt from command line or script Post 302602506 by jyoung on Monday 27th of February 2012 02:14:14 PM
Old 02-27-2012
Hi Corona688,
The file is being written out by a Cobol program that places a Carriage Return, Line Feed at the end of each line. The uuencode seems to be removing the carriage return. The mail client mutt leaves it intact. Do you know of a way to use mutt at the command line without it bringing up the interactive menu? Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How does mutt command pick senders Details

Hi All, We use mutt in one of our scripts to send files as a part of a batch job . The command works nicely but i want to know from where does mutt pick the sender details. As the sender id is different if i use mutt and Mail utility. I can not change the command to mail as it is a part of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to attach multiple .csv files using mutt command

I need to attach all files starting with 'BusinessReport' using mutt command. It could be any number of files in that directory, say BusinessReport_01, BusinessReport_03, BusinessReport_04 etc. Is there a way to attach all files where filename like BusinessReport_* and sent it using mutt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jassz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a csv file and zip it and attach using mutt command?

We need to redirect the output of a query to .csv file each containing a specified number of lines.Then we should zip these files and send as attachment using mutt command. We tried using split -l 500 query_output.txt outputfile Since we are not sure about the exact number of files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jassz
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the sender's name or E-mail address in mutt command

Can any one help me in this ??? How to change sender's name or email address in Mutt command??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HTML and attachment using mutt command

Hi All, I want to attach the file as well send html content in the mail body using mutt command or any other command.(uuencode is not present). Please help me. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arukuku
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mutt command - email body with out file name

Hello All, I know we can put body inside a mail using -i option for specifying the file which contains body message, is there an option for me to specify body content instead of a file specification only using mutt? Below is not working and i don't see any options in manual page! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutt command error

Hello there, I am using "mutt" command to send e-mails. mutt -s "Mail subject line" $( printf -- '-a attachment_name') < "mail body file" "e-mail id" I wish to change the name of the attachment by appending the date to it. Something like "attachment_name_$DATE.html" in the mutt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Exec command with mutt - turn on & off?

Hi Folks - Quick question around the exec command again. At the end of my script, I check for specific error codes that are returned from a process I execute within the shell script. Based on the error code, I send an email. Do I need to turn off exec feature prior to send each email so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send the log as it is through mailx or mutt command?

Hi, I am able to send the mail with attachment through mailx/mutt command.But i am seeing the log file statements all together when i tried to open from my outlook. log file have the details like below aaa bbb ccc when i tried to open it from my outlook after receiving the mail attachment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutt command email body

Hi Team, While sending the email using the mutt command, mail body not appearing properly and attachment it is showing without line breaks and i used the CSS Style (nowrapper )it is working fine. in this case how to handle the email body, please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmk123
1 Replies
MUTTPROFILE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    MUTTPROFILE(1)

NAME
muttprofile - Choose a Mutt Profile SYNOPSIS
muttprofile [-a|--active string] [-d|--dir directory] [-h|--help] [-p|--profile regexp] [-v|--view] [-V|--Version] [profile] DESCRIPTION
muttprofile is a simple utility to choose a profile to be used with Mutt email-client. It has two operating modes: command-line and inter- active. Muttprofile goes to interactive mode if no command-line arguments are present or option -v|--view is present without profile name. Muttprofile looks for profile files in the Mutt directory, opens them and looks for NAME and DESC definitions. It then creates a symbolic link to the profile chosen by the user. The rest of the work is done with a Mutt macro. USAGE
Interactive mode: Type the name of the profile and the program creates a symlink to load the profile. Press <tab> to complete, <ctrl-d> to see list of choices. Command-line options: -a | --active Set the name for active profile symlink, default is profile.active -d | --dir Set the Mutt directory, default is ~/.mutt -h | --help prints a short help and exits -p | --profile (Perl) Regexp to match profile files in Mutt directory -v | --view Instead of creating a symlink, view profile contents -V | --version prints the version information and exits (use --version for long and -V for short version) profile if profile exits, create the symlink to load it from Mutt, otherwise exit with error INSTALL
Muttprofile requires no installation, but you might have to check the first line of the file ("#!/usr/bin/perl -w") and change the path to perl if needed ('which perl' might be useful here :-) SETTING UP PROFILES
Muttprofile checks the profile files for the following information: # NAME: name for your profile # DESC: description of your profile This information is used for choosing and displaying available profiles. DESC is optional, but if NAME is missing, filename is used instead. USING MUTTPROFILE FROM MUTT
Perhaps the easiest way to invoke muttprofile from mutt is to bind a key with mutt macro command. For example, adding this to your mut- trc-file macro index <F10> "!muttprofile :source ~/.mutt/profile.active m" "New message with profile" binds the function key <F10> to start muttprofile, load the profile and start a new message EXIT CODES
The default exit codes for muttprofile are: 0 OK 1 PROFILE ALREADY ACTIVE 2 ERROR These codes can be used in shell scripts etc. FURTHER INFORMATION
Discussion of profiles with Mutt: http://www.iki.fi/martti.rahkila/mutt/ Mutt home page: http://www.mutt.org MODULES
muttprofile uses the perl modules "Term::Complete" and "Getopt::Long" that both come with the Perl distribution. LICENCE
muttprofile is distibuted under GNU General Public Licence (GPL), same as Mutt. For details, see http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html BUGS
None known so far. Inevitably to appear sooner or later. VERSION
1.0.0 (current) First public release. 2000-05-10 Martti Rahkila AUTHOR
Martti Rahkila martti.rahkila@iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/martti.rahkila/mutt SEE ALSO
mutt(1), perl(1) perl v5.8.0 2003-01-15 MUTTPROFILE(1)