Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Setting Verbosity Option of Script Post 302602457 by Corona688 on Monday 27th of February 2012 12:12:34 PM
Old 02-27-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinu
The problem I am having is when I try to set the user value.
And what problem would that be?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

option followed by : taking next option if argument missing with getopts

Hi all, I am parsing command line options using getopts. The problem is that mandatory argument options following ":" is taking next option as argument if it is not followed by any argument. Below is the script: while getopts :hd:t:s:l:p:f: opt do case "$opt" in -h|-\?)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

\n option in script

I have a series of around 20 files as my program output. The final line of my script gets the no of files and the file list for the present day. The no of files shoudl be printed first and the files for today must be printed in the next line. Ialso understood that echo -e must be used for with \n.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkidhadha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with script option

Hi, So my script reads $1 on the command line. example: SCRIPT_NAME 1111 In my script I use a nawk statement to grab $1 but I also need it to read $1 from the variable (1111 from command line in the example) nawk -F, '($1~1111)' *.$date.* What can I do so that this nawk statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

recently introduced to the newer option for find...does an older option exist?

To find all the files in your home directory that have been edited in some way since the last tar file, use this command: find . -newer backup.tar.gz Is anyone familiar with an older solution? looking to identify files older then 15mins across several directories. thanks, manny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script command line option driven script

could someone show me a sample command line option driven script? i want to see an easy way to write one and how i can execute it using command line options such as typing in read.pl -i <id> -c <cmds> -s <start> -e <end> would read out all the commands run by ID . from start time to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
7 Replies

6. Programming

Reading command line arguments and setting up values if option not provided

I have a C++ program. I read command line arguments, but if the value is not supplied, I default or make a calculation. Let's say I set it to a default value. I can code this in several ways. Here I show three ways. What would be the best way for maintaining this code? The program will get very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call one script option to other in shell script

HI Guys, My Script abc.sh 1) Checks 2) CA Scipt 3) CIA Script 0) Exit Enter Choice : Now if i select choice 2 then after finshed choice 2 wait for 40 min and run choice 3 what i can write in CA Scipt option: if then My Code : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to call a menu script and redirect each option to a text file

Hello, I want to design a script that will call an existing menu script and select options one by one and redirict the out put to a file. For example;- In the script MENU.sh there are 10 options i want to design a script MENU2.sh that will select option 2 3 4 6 7 10 and redirict the output... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spradha
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Grub.conf kernel field boot messages verbosity configuration

I am trying to understand what are the differences of boot messages verbosity levels for the kernel field in grub.conf From my research, there appear to be three levels: quiet verbose debug I have also found documents that specify removing quiet from the kernel field. If this is done, is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thaebich
1 Replies
ZORPCTL(8)							  [FIXME: manual]							ZORPCTL(8)

NAME
zorpctl_ - Start and stop zorp instances. SYNOPSIS
zorpctl command [options [instances/@instance-list-file]] DESCRIPTION
zorpctl starts and stops zorp(8) instances based on the contents of the instances.conf(5) file. Multiple instance names can be specified in the command-line or in a file to start or stop several instances. If an error occurs while stopping or starting an instance, an exclamation mark is appended to the instance name as zorpctl processes the request, and a summary is printed when the program exits. If no instance is specified, the command is executed on all instances. The instances to be controlled can be specified in a file instead of listing them in the command line, e.g.: zorpctl command options instances.txt. The instances.txt should contain every instance name in a new line. COMMANDS
start Starts the specified Zorp instance(s). force-start Starts the specified Zorp instance(s) even if they are disabled. stop Stops the specified Zorp instance(s). force-stop Forces the specified Zorp instance(s) to stop using the KILL signal. restart Restart the specified Zorp instance(s). force-restart Forces the specified Zorp instance(s) to restart by stopping them using the KILL signal. reload Reload the specified Zorp instance(s). status Display the status of the specified Zorp instance(s). --verbose or -v Display detailed status information. gui-status Display the status of the specified Zorp instance(s) in an internal format easily parsable by ZMC. NOTE: This command is mainly used internally within Zorp, and the structure of its output may change. version Display version information on Zorp. inclog Raise the verbosity (log) level of the specified Zorp instance(s) by one. declog Decrease the verbosity (log) level of the specified Zorp instance(s) by one. log Change various log related settings in the specified Zorp instance(s) using the following options: --vinc or -i Increase verbosity level by one. --vdec or -d Decrease verbosity level by one. --vset <verbosity> or -s <verbosity> Set verbosity level to <verbosity>. --log-spec <spec> or -S <spec> Set verbosity mask on a per category basis. The format of this value is described in zorp(8). --help or -h Display this help screen on the options of the log command. szig Display internal information from the specified Zorp instance(s). The information to be disblayed can be specified with the following options: --walk or -w Walk the specified tree. --root [node] or -r [node] Set the root node of the walk operation to [node]. --help or -h Display a brief help on the options of the szig command. help Display a brief help message. EXAMPLES
zorpctl start zorp_ftp The command above starts the zorp instance named zorp-ftp with parameters described in the instances.conf file. FILES
The default location for instances.conf is /etc/zorp/instances.conf. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by the BalaBit Documentation Team <documentation@balabit.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006 BalaBit IT Security Ltd. All rights reserved. For more information about the legal status of this document please read: http://www.balabit.com/products/zorp/docs/legal_notice.bbq [FIXME: source] 03/06/2012 ZORPCTL(8)