Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Conditional replace after reading in a file Post 302602431 by naveen@ on Monday 27th of February 2012 10:46:46 AM
Old 02-27-2012
Conditional replace after reading in a file

I need to read the contents of a file. Then I need to grep for a keyword and replace part of the grepped line based on the condition of previous and present line.

Example input file:
Code:
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = P0; /* if next shift_port is P0 I need to replace this with M0; and next shift_port's P0; with 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = P0;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  Macro "Inputs" { 
    test_ip =
  }

W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
  }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = 00; 
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = P0;/* if next shift_port is P0; I need to replace this with M0; and next shift_port's P0 with 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = P0;/* if next shift_port is P0; I need to replace this with M0; and next shift_port's P0 with 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
}

Desired output file
Code:
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = M0; /* if next shift_port is P0; I need to replace this with M0; and next shift_port's P0 with 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  Macro "Inputs" { 
    test_ip =
  }

W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
  }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = 00; 
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = M0;/* if next shift_port is P0; I need to replace this with M0; and next shift_port's P0 with 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
  W wf_cyc;
  V { 
    port1       = P;
    port2       = 0;
    shift_port  = 00;/* if next shift_port is P0; I need to replace this with M0; and next shift_port's P0 with 00;
    port3       = 0;
    reset       = 1;
   }
}

I am trying to use a perl script to implement this.

Thanks in advance for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional string replace for each line

Hi all, I appreciate the enormous amount of knowledge that flows in this forum. I am an average UNIX user. I have many files with lines like the below. I have separated each line with space for ease of reading. I need to replace the first occurance of "/00" with null on those lines that have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help to do conditional find and replace

Hi, I have a Line input for awk as follows DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW MCR.COMM_STACK; CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MCR"."COMM_STACK" ON PREBUILT TABLE WITHOUT REDUCED PRECISION USING INDEX REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT SYSDATE + 7 WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a column with a value conditional on a value in col1

Hi, Perhaps a rather simple problem...? I have data that looks like this. BPC0013 ANNUL_49610 0 0 1 1 BPC0014 ANNUL_49642 0 0 2 1 BPC0015 ANNUL_49580 0 0 1 1 BPC0016 ANNUL_49596 0 0 2 1 BPC0017 VULGO_49612 0 0 1 1 BPC0018 ANNUL_49628 0 0 1 1 BPC0019 ANNUL_49692 0 0 2 1 170291_HMG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

Hi, I have a folder which contains multiple config.xml files and one input file, Please see the below format. Config Files format looks like :- Code: <application name="SAMPLE-ARCHIVE"> <NVPairs name="Global Variables"> <NameValuePair> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed conditional replace

Given this row: |lastname1|middlename1|firstname1|lastname2|middlename2|firstname2 produce this result: |lastname|middlename|firstname where the resultant names are based on the presence of the #2 names above. I.e., if a #2 name is passed (usually will be null,) use that - otherwise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Search/Replace

I'm looking for an awk or (preferably) sed solution to search a pipe delimited file for any occurrence of an email address that does not include a designed domain, and replace the email address with a blank. E.g. hello|smith@designateddomain.com|jones@anotherdomain.edu|1234| turns into: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace in Multiple Files by reading a input file

I have a environment property file which contains: Input file: value1 = url1 value2 = url2 value3 = url3 and so on. I need to search all *.xml files under directory for value1 and replace it with url1. Same thing I have to do for all values mentioned in input file. I need script in unix bash... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shamkamde
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional \n replace for each line

How could be removed \n only if appearing at position 80 in the line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RomanF
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

sed replace file contents by reading from another file

Hello, My input file1 is like this by tab-delimited chr1 mm10_knownGene stop_codon 3216022 3216024 0.000000 - . gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; chr1 mm10_knownGene CDS 3216025 3216968 0.000000 - 2 gene_id "uc007aeu.1"; transcript_id "uc007aeu.1"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace query by reading the file

Hi Guys, I am having below file which holds data like this file.txt name,id,flag apple,1,Y apple,2,N mango,1,Y mango,2,Y I need to read the above file and frame a query like this hive -s -e "create apple_view as select 1 from main_table;" hive -s -e "create mango_view as select... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies
XkbSetAutoResetControls(3)					   XKB FUNCTIONS					XkbSetAutoResetControls(3)

NAME
XkbSetAutoResetControls - Changes the current values of the AutoReset control attributes SYNOPSIS
Bool XkbSetAutoResetControls (Display *dpy, unsigned int changes, unsigned int *auto_ctrls, unsigned int *auto_values); ARGUMENTS
- dpy connection to X server - changes controls for which to change auto-reset values - auto_ctrls controls from changes that should auto reset - auto_values 1 bit => auto-reset on DESCRIPTION
XkbSetAutoResetControls changes the auto-reset status and associated auto-reset values for the controls selected by changes. For any con- trol selected by changes, if the corresponding bit is set in auto_ctrls, the control is configured to auto-reset when the client exits. If the corresponding bit in auto_values is on, the control is turned on when the client exits; if zero, the control is turned off when the client exits. For any control selected by changes, if the corresponding bit is not set in auto_ctrls, the control is configured to not reset when the client exits. For example: To leave the auto-reset controls for StickyKeys the way they are: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, 0, 0, 0); To change the auto-reset controls so that StickyKeys are unaffected when the client exits: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, XkbStickyKeysMask, 0, 0); To change the auto-reset controls so that StickyKeys are turned off when the client exits: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, XkbStickyKeysMask, XkbStickyKeysMask, 0); To change the auto-reset controls so that StickyKeys are turned on when the client exits: ok = XkbSetAutoResetControls(dpy, XkbStickyKeysMask, XkbStickyKeysMask, XkbStickyKeysMask); XkbSetAutoResetControls backfills auto_ctrls and auto_values with the auto-reset controls for this particular client. Note that all of the bits are valid in the returned values, not just the ones selected in the changes mask. X Version 11 libX11 1.3.2 XkbSetAutoResetControls(3)