Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .Config file in perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting .Config file in perl Post 302602297 by parthmittal2007 on Monday 27th of February 2012 03:33:26 AM
Old 02-27-2012
Code:
[head]
line1=Care and its affiliate
line2=WNB00901,Total number of transactions
line3=Quarterly Report Period Dates:
line4=Description of Service Type,Approved  transactions,Denied transactions    

[output]
file=Report
debug=1
destdir=.
name=aaa
auth=bbb
host=N0123451

[log]
file=Rpt_log

[archive]
file=CommRpt

[parms]
empgroup=0123,4567
um03list=AB,CD,EF,GH,IJ,KL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

Hi can anyone help me understanding the following code my %config; open my $config, '<', 'config.txt' or die $!; while(<$config>) { chomp; (my $key, my @value) = split /=/, $_; $config{$key} = join '=', @value; } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

HI I have a config file (ip.config)that has the following fields with colon as delimeter. yahoo.com:1919 ( host and port number) rediffmail.com:2020 gmail.com:2121 How to read it in a perl script. I need to parse the host and port number in the perl script using split... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

Hi In My config file i have 12.122.12.111:2000 A host and a port number. To read the config file i have written in a perl script like this my %config; open my $config, '<','config' or die "Failed to read file :$!"; Its running fine in HP-UX but showing error in solaris... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SOLVED: reading config file in a perl script

Hi! I have a need to do this in Perl. script.pl -config file The script would be doing a wget/LWP on a URL which is defined in the config file. So when I run the script it should return either one of these conditions - 1) OK with exit status 0. Should also print "wget URL" 2)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing config-file (perl)

Hi, i'm trying to parse a config file that have alot of rows similar to this one: Example value value value What i want to do is to split and save the row above in a hash, like this: Example = value value value Basically i want to split on the first whitespace after the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikemikemike
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL on windows accessing variables from a config file

Folks, I'm a perl moron, so please speak very slowly. : ) I'm modifying a build script that starts up an apache server. Now there is a .config file that hardcodes an old webserver path like this c:\oldWebserver. Now I don't want that hardcoded value, rather wish to use an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkoRocko
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from config file and use it in perl program

Hi, I want to configure some values in config file like below work_dir /home/work csv_dir /home/csv sql_dir /home/sqls reportfirst yes and i want to store each value in variable to use it further in my my perl program ?? any thought on this(i am new to perl) ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read Data from Config file using Perl

Hi All, Can anyone please explain me how to read data from config file in Perl. Suppose i have a config file named cfile. The data in config file is name=parth lname=mittal user=2007 hostname=fluoride username=parthmittal password=XXXXXX account=unix url=www.unix.com ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
2 Replies
Log::Message::Config(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				 Log::Message::Config(3pm)

NAME
Log::Message::Config - Configuration options for Log::Message SYNOPSIS
# This module is implicitly used by Log::Message to create a config # which it uses to log messages. # For the options you can pass, see the C<Log::Message new()> method. # Below is a sample of a config file you could use # comments are denoted by a single '#' # use a shared stack, or have a private instance? # if none provided, set to '0', private = 1 # do not be verbose verbose = 0 # default tag to set on new items # if none provided, set to 'NONE' tag = SOME TAG # default level to handle items # if none provided, set to 'log' level = carp # extra files to include # if none provided, no files are auto included include = mylib.pl include = ../my/other/lib.pl # automatically delete items # when you retrieve them from the stack? # if none provided, set to '0' remove = 1 # retrieve errors in chronological order, or not? # if none provided, set to '1' chrono = 0 DESCRIPTION
Log::Message::Config provides a standardized config object for Log::Message objects. It can either read options as perl arguments, or as a config file. See the Log::Message manpage for more information about what arguments are valid, and see the Synopsis for an example config file you can use SEE ALSO
Log::Message, Log::Message::Item, Log::Message::Handlers AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. Acknowledgements Thanks to Ann Barcomb for her suggestions. COPYRIGHT
This module is copyright (c) 2002 Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Log::Message::Config(3pm)