Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to check at which drive root FS is? Post 302602290 by bartus11 on Monday 27th of February 2012 03:14:15 AM
Old 02-27-2012
1. Boot from CD
2. Mount each slice under /a or /mnt
3. Check if that filesystem has root directories like /etc or /platform

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

check root password

hai Friends How can i check the root password of a linux system using a c program or with some shell script... I have seen many tools like webmin that authenticates the user using the root password... How do they do that... Pls help... Thanks in advance Collins (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: collins
1 Replies

2. AIX

Check for media in DVD drive

I would like to check for the existance of media in a DVD drive prior to running a mkcd. Is this possible? I have accomplished this in the past with tctl, but that was with a tape drive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmjoen
0 Replies

3. Solaris

how to ufsrestore root drive then activate disksuite

I restored a backup of a root drive to a new disk on Solaris 8 which contained a fully functioning disksuite 4.2.1 mirror configuration. The backup is from an identical system and OS. I want to install a second identical disk and recover the mirror configuration. The root disk is up but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Cloning the root drive - Help Plz

I use Sunfire V480R , and i am seeing lot of scsi transport errors for the root drive & i think it is going to die . the system is having 2 drives & the second drive is kept unused . can someone guide me how do i clone the root drive to the seconddrive and make that bootable . (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne script: Check for root and oracle user

I have 2 separate Bourne shell scripts with 2 questions in Sun O/S & UNIX environment. Question 1: One of the scripts is supposed to be executed by "root" user only but cannot be executed after user executes "su - oracle". How can I check in the script whether the current user is "root" user?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: totziens
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dvd in drive how to check

is there some tools(not graphical) command to reconnoiter what kind of cd/dvd is on drive (dvd+rw/dvd-rw/etc)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

7. Solaris

safeguarding root drive

I have root drive which i want to guard against possible hard disk loss. How can backup and restore the all user created , filesystem , mount points , meta devices if at all there be hdd failure . Any pointer to good document would be good help . Ours is solaris 8 . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Root owns removable drive and rsync won't work

I'm using rsync to back up to a usb key rsync -r -t -v -a /home/pc/AGS/ /media/DIESEL/pc/AGS/ It worked fine for a long time, and then not so good. Running from the command line there are a lot of complaints about 'can't chgrp ...'. It's formatted to fat32 so I can read it in all kinds of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: triplemaya
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check tape drive status on HP-UX

Hi all, We have an ESL tape library with legato networker software. From GUI - networker administrator, i can see that 3 of our tape drives are in service mode. How can i view the same thing by issuing commands in HP-UX. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Cannot access or boot encrypted drive (gave up waiting for root device...)

I cannot access or boot from my C drive. I'm running Zorin 9 and the drive is a Samsung SSD. The disk was encrypted on install, and that has not given me any problems before. When I start the system it gets to the memory test page, and does not then load the password prompt, which it used to.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: David4321
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)