Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PAM Login denied
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PAM Login denied Post 302602210 by hedkandi on Sunday 26th of February 2012 10:30:51 PM
Old 02-26-2012
What is the operating system that you're using?

You need to check your pam.d settings

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PAM in aix 5.2

After enabling PAm , passwd command does not work properly error in passwd # passwd pamuser Changing password for "pamuser" pamuser's New password: Enter the new password again: 3004-709 Error changing password for "pamuser". ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayeshaseerin
0 Replies

2. Solaris

PAM login library files corrupted, have ILOM, can I get root?

I was installing sfw sudo and its dependencies (libiconv, libintl, libgcc)on Solaris 10, running on an x86 x4200 and I corrupted some PAM library files. It's a standard Solaris 10 base install, with some added software & libraries from a vendor. I am on console trying to get root access back,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mariognarly
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

USER denied login as OUT OF DISK SPACE

Hi, I am trying to install Oracle 11g R2 on Oracle Enterprise Linux (5.4 version, which is basically some Redhat version). I have created oracle user, when I tried installing, the installer erred out saying there is no enough space. I logged out and when I logged in back, user oracle was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

PAM? cannot login, ssh or su

look at this, as root user change passwd and su -: I cannot ssh in or rlogin either, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigearsbilly
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account is locked or login administratively denied

Hi, When I am trying to do ssh to a server it shows below error. Key setup is all good and it used to work well few days back. Now suddenly I am getting this error. ssh -i <private_key> <id>@<hostname> Received disconnect from <hostname> Account is locked or login administratively... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahish20
1 Replies

6. Linux

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Showing "permission denied" when trying to login in - Montavista Linux

Hello friends, I have scratched my system and after that when I am trying to access the console via root login it's failing with an error message of "permission denied". I am able to access the other login, I am having only problem with root and some other user login. I am using an telnet... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
7 Replies

8. SuSE

PAM password change failed, pam error 20

Hi, I use a software which can create account on many system or application. One of resource which is managed by this soft his a server SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). patch level 3. This application which is an IBM application use ssh to launch command to create account in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scabarrus
3 Replies

9. SuSE

Authentication with PAM

Hello all, I recently updated PAM policy files (pam_authz.policy) on HP-UX Servers with AD groups involving allowing and denying the certain groups.. Could anyone tell me what is the equivalent mechanism in SLES(Linux)? Is it possible to allow/deny AD group access with the SLES LDAP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcclaj0
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Cannot login to SMB Server/Authentication denied

Hello, I have problems seting up SMB server in Solaris 11.3. I had SMB working previously on Solaris 11 (updated to 11.3), but a bad harddisk crash forced me to install Solaris again from scratch and I cannot get it working properly. I have imported the previous zfs pool with share.smb set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zorken
7 Replies
PAM-PANEL-ICON(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PAM-PANEL-ICON(1)

NAME
pam-panel-icon - A notification area indicator of pam_timestamp status SYNOPSIS
pam-panel-icon DESCRIPTION
pam-panel-icon should be automatically started when starting an X11 desktop environment. For example, in GNOME gnome-session should be configured to start pam-panel-icon. In a properly configured system it should never be necessary to start pam-panel-icon manually. pam-panel-icon uses pam_timestamp_check(8) to watch the pam_timestamp timestamp status. If the pam_timestamp authorization is active, allowing an unprivileted user to temporarily authenticate as the root user without providing a password, an icon in the notification area of the panel is displayed. The icon allows dropping the authorization immediately. EXIT STATUS
Ordinarily, pam-panel-icon keeps running until the X11 desktop session ends, and then returns 0. pam-panel-icon only returns with non-zero status on unexpected error. FILES
/sbin/pam_timestamp_check A hard-coded location of the pam_timestamp_check executable. SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp(8), pam_timestamp_check(8) Red Hat 2009-10-05 PAM-PANEL-ICON(1)