Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers pine email tool suppress prompt to save read messages Post 302602081 by agama on Saturday 25th of February 2012 11:49:48 PM
Old 02-26-2012
That's the only thing that I know of that would cause the prompt. I just tested again and when that is set I get a prompt with the directory name when I exit, and when it is not set I don't.

For what it's worth, the version of Alpine that I have installed is 2.0. I noticed from your .rc file you look to still be running the old version of pine, rather than Alpine. Maybe that's the issue. Unfortunately I don't have the old version installed anywhere to try.

Sorry I'm not more help here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine UNIX email -- old messages labeled "New"

Hi, I have a question I know I've seen answered somewhere before, but my last hour of searching has turned up nothing (so forgive me for re-asking!). I'm using Pine on UNIX to check mail at a couple remote POP3 servers, and old messages in the remote inboxes are mistakenly labeled "N", new,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sean_oconnor
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pine email tool displays directory listing

I just moved my mail server (qmail in maildir format) from a solaris box to a RedHat linux box. When I select some inboxes in pine, I get a directory listing of the inbox, its not automatically opening the qmail cur directory. This doesn't happen with all, and it doesn't happen at all on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cross
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find pine messages

still touching on the basics here: first of all where are my received messages stored in pine? /var/spool/mymail is not it. i guess i cant start my script without knowing this. because i need to move those files into a seperate folder and so on and so forth. I can prolly do a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxoxo
0 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

problems in pine -- can't download messages from gmail

I'm learning a little about pine after downloading it (pine 4.64). I can't seem to get it to work, though. It can't open the inbox -- it sits there (as the little slash mark rotates) but after a while it stops and can't make the connection, with a message saying that "connection to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect, save to file and remove before prompt

I have an Expect script which works very well. It logs into my remote routers and runs some commands and then to the next until finished. I need two things, first I need to save the output to a file from where the log_user 1 begins. expect << EOF set timeout 15 #set var "exit " match_max... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: numele
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pine continuously marks old messages as unread

Hi, I have been having problem with pine for the past few weeks. I use email clinet Thunderbird to view my emails. Every time I open the thunderbird, all my emails were marked as unread. So, I logged into our email server to see what's wrong. even when I opened pine, all messages are labeled as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: veepine
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suppress RCS messages

ci filename This command displays a message. I don't want it to. How can I keep RCS from doing so? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tool to suppress lines where value=0

Hello everyone, Here's the problem, I have a list generated by this command; watch -n 5 'iptables -nvL | grep "DROP"' It generates output that looks like this (severely truncated for clarity) Every 5.0s: iptables -nvL | grep "DROP" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: putter1900
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function to suppress warning message for specific text and display prompt

In the below bash function multiple variants are input and stored in a variable $variant, and each is written to an out file at c:/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/Python27/out.txt stored on a separate line. # enter variant phox2b() { printf "\n\n" printf "What is the id of the patient getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
MAILSNARF(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MAILSNARF(8)

NAME
mailsnarf - sniff mail messages in Berkeley mbox format SYNOPSIS
mailsnarf [-i interface | -p pcapfile] [[-v] pattern [expression]] DESCRIPTION
mailsnarf outputs e-mail messages sniffed from SMTP and POP traffic in Berkeley mbox format, suitable for offline browsing with your favorite mail reader (mail(1), pine(1), etc.). OPTIONS
-i interface Specify the interface to listen on. -p pcapfile Process packets from the specified PCAP capture file instead of the network. -v "Versus" mode. Invert the sense of matching, to select non-matching messages. pattern Specify regular expression for message header/body matching. expression Specify a tcpdump(8) filter expression to select traffic to sniff. SEE ALSO
dsniff(8), mail(1), pine(1) AUTHOR
Dug Song <dugsong@monkey.org> MAILSNARF(8)