Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running shell script in Cygwin terminal Post 302602079 by agama on Saturday 25th of February 2012 11:35:11 PM
Old 02-26-2012
One thing I noticed is that there seems not to be a space between the double equal in the test and the "5" (hard to see without code tags).

Code:
#!/bin/bash
 a=5
 [[ "$a" == "5" ]] && echo "true" || echo "false"
#       ^ Need space here

Corona688's concerns still apply, but this is certainly causing issues too.

Last edited by agama; 02-26-2012 at 12:36 AM.. Reason: typo
This User Gave Thanks to agama For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script without a terminal session

I'm trying to figure out how I can run a script "myScript.sh" in such a way that if my remote network connection gets disconnected, the script doesn't stop functioning. Right now I log in, run "./myScript.sh" and watch my output get pumped to a log file for about 10 hours. Only problem is that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running terminal with script

suppose we have a file ab 81 and another file exec < $1 while read line do ssh root@172.16.1.$line done while running the command sh file.sh ab output display as shown Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal. root@172.16.1.81's password: after... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems running script on remote Terminal

Hi, I'm new here so please excuse any stupidity that occurs in my post :P My situation: Have a java program which I have to run a ridiculous amount of times and put the output data into a text file. Thought the easiest way to do this would be to delve into the world of scripts. I am at home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lozyness
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin-shell script

hi, I am using Cygwin for running the shell script. If i execute the following command at the prompt output is obtained. grep echo * The same i have put in a file and when am trying to execute it is throwing error. IP.sh echo "Starting command..........." grep echo * ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
9 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] Running shell code in AppleScript without Terminal

What I want my script to do is to run a command in Terminal and close that same Terminal window when the process is complete. Of course I could ad a delay of 6 seconds to complete the process, but it may not be enough every time. To simplify my question, this is what I want to achieve.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowofLight
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script does not close terminal after running

For a small script i want it so that the terminal closes when the script has completed its tasks. To do so i use at the end if the script the following: echo "Hello, World!" echo "Knowledge is power." echo "" echo "shutting down terminal in 10 seconds" exit 10 however the terminal stay's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ditzyken
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin shell script

I have a file with below format : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you I want the out put to be like this : 2013-05-20 hello has done 2013-05-20 hi 000abc abc 2013-05-21 thank you What I could think of is something like this : cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sparta
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows)

I have cygwin installed on windows server and when I do echo $SHELL the output is /bin/bash I have created a ssh tunnel from this windows server through cygwin to ibm -i series which is running Q-shell. I am trying to invoke a utility wsadmin (used for scripting) on ibm-i from the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav99
12 Replies

9. Programming

Running python script in cygwin

I have python installed here on windows: C:\Python27 and can run a script from the command line but would rather use cygwin. $ cd "C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\annovar" cmccabe@DTV-L2231M5J /cygdrive/c/Users/cmccabe/Desktop/annovar $ python run_batch_job.py Traceback (most recent call last):... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running Powershell Script from Linux through Cygwin

Hello Experts, I am creating a run time powershell script on Linux machine and copying that powershell script to Windows machine. To connect to windows through "ssh", I am using Cygwin tool. To make the connection password less I copied my public in authorized_keys in windows Administrator... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_4_u
5 Replies
BOOLVAL(3)								 1								BOOLVAL(3)

boolval - Get the boolean value of a variable

SYNOPSIS
boolean boolval (mixed $var) DESCRIPTION
Returns the boolean value of $var. PARAMETERS
o $var - The scalar value being converted to a boolean. RETURN VALUES
The boolean value of $var. EXAMPLES
Example #1 boolval(3) examples <?php echo '0: '.(boolval(0) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '42: '.(boolval(42) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '0.0: '.(boolval(0.0) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '4.2: '.(boolval(4.2) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"": '.(boolval("") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"string": '.(boolval("string") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"0": '.(boolval("0") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '"1": '.(boolval("1") ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '[1, 2]: '.(boolval([1, 2]) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo '[]: '.(boolval([]) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; echo 'stdClass: '.(boolval(new stdClass) ? 'true' : 'false')." "; ?> The above example will output: 0: false 42: true 0.0: false 4.2: true "": false "string": true "0": false "1": true [1, 2]: true []: false stdClass: true SEE ALSO
floatval(3), intval(3), strval(3), settype(3), is_bool(3), Type juggling. PHP Documentation Group BOOLVAL(3)