Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Rescued, an A.D.D.S Regent 25? Unix terminal from 1980, need help please :o) Post 302602035 by admin_xor on Saturday 25th of February 2012 03:57:08 PM
Old 02-25-2012
Hey, checked your video. Great!

Best of luck with the system. Sorry, I didn't seem to get any information about this oldie!! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connecting to unix through hyper terminal - as a dumb terminal

I just changed from windows NT to XP and I am no longer able to connect to my unix system. I used to use hyper terminal -- which acts as dumb terminal to my main frame unix system. I think one of the options used to be "direct to comX". This option isn't listed now. I use a serial port and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelle
2 Replies

2. AIX

Need a UNIX terminal to practice... please help!!!

Is there a web site that i can go to and practice my UNIX commands on their browser (terminal mode) or a telnet service that i can login to for free? I don't have a LINUX/UNIX system at home or at work, yet i want to hone my skils. Thanks for all of your help, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek27
5 Replies

3. HP-UX

boot a unix terminal

I issued a halt command to a remote unix terminal and it shut down with root user through putty. Is there a way to start it back on? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mevoid
3 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unix Terminal question

Hi, I'm new here, but I have a quick small question. I'm sorry if it sounds stupid, but I'm new to the UNIX world after using VMS (or Windows) my entire life. I my Mac runs Leopard, and I was wondering; My friend me through Mac's "Terminal" you can create and program your own applications by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kcahintosh19
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

who command from non terminal in unix

I was executing a command "who -ms" from a CHUI application but i get below message, It seems that who command can be executed only when we are logged directly in unix box as we have terminal. Is there a way to get rid of this problem , or anyother command where i can get machine name of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
4 Replies

6. Hardware

ADDS Regent 25 video terminal connection problem, help please :o(

Hi all, you may remember that I picked up an ADDS Regent 25 from where I worked a while ago. Well, I've been trying to connect it up to the laptop so that the laptop can act as a server for it. I've just finished making a cable for it, I connected the DB25 EIA loop of the ADDS to a serial... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RetroGamerVX
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Unix terminal in windows

Hi, How to get unix look and feel in windows environment where i can execute basic commands like date and complex usage like awk, sed etc and not much storage space is needed. Is there any software that i can install to use the same? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write Linux script to convert timestamps older than 1.1.1970 to 1.1.1980

I am having problems because some of my files have timestamps that are earlier that 1.1.1970, the Unix start of time convention. So I would like to write a script that finds all files in home folder and subfolders with timestamps earlier than 1.1.1970 and converts them to 1.1.1980. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: francus
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Frequency of Words in a File, sed script from 1980

tr -cs A-Za-z\' '\n' | tr A-Z a-z | sort | uniq -c | sort -k1,1nr -k2 | sed ${1:-25} < book7.txt This is not my script, it can be found way back from 1980 but once it worked fine to give me the most used words in a text file. Now the shell is complaining about an error in sed sed: -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
5 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)