Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Restrict SUDO Access
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Restrict SUDO Access Post 302602024 by explorer007 on Saturday 25th of February 2012 09:39:48 PM
Old 02-25-2012
Thanks Will Do.

---------- Post updated at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:07 PM ----------

Admin,

I have tried the way you want me to do.

My Sudoers file
Code:
# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

alex    ALL=(cbttest:sytgrp) ALL, !/bin/rm

[alex@ubuntu] "/home/alex/Desktop"
$ whoami
alex
$ ls -ltr /home/cbttest/sample_file.log
-rw-rw-r--  1 cbttest sytgrp   41 Feb 25 08:33 sample_file.log
$ sudo -u cbttest  rm /home/cbttest/sample_file.log
[sudo] password for alex: *******
$ ls -ltr /home/cbttest/sample_file.log
ls: sample_file.log: No such file or directory

So the file got deleted... as per the sudoers file it should fail to delete... but it deleted...

can you please advice.

Last edited by Scott; 02-26-2012 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache restrict access with certificates

Hello! Does anyone know if it's possible to restrict access to apache webserver with certificates? What I want is that if a user has a certificate in his browser then he get's access, if not show error or another page. I would be very happy if someone knew! /D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict access to specific users.

Hi All! I would like to know if there is any specific way by which I can restrict access to apecific users (ip addresses). OS : Red hat linux Thanks! nua7 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Restrict Access to the folder

Hi I have requirement to create 3 new users on my server but to restrict their access to a set of particular folders. /export/home/kapil/shared, /export/home/kapil/shared/Folder1 /export/home/kapil/shared/Folder2 These folders should be accessible to all the 3 users and to me too.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilk
1 Replies

4. Linux

Restrict NFS access to root

Hi Everybody, If there is a general NFS share in the LAN and for example this share has three files - a, b, c is there any way to restrict file access to the root user of one particular host(falcon) in the same LAN environment while the normal users from the same host(falcon) should be able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhirav
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict user access.

Hi All, How can we restrict a particular user access to a particular shell in solaris 10. Thanks in Advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Restrict user access

Hi there I have an application user on my system that wants accesses to these file systems as such: rwx: /SAPO /SAPS12 /R3_888 /R3_888B /R3_888F /R3_888R r: /usr/sap these are the existing FS permissions:ownerships: # ls -ld /SAPO (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restrict access to .ksh scripts

Hi, How to restrict access to a .ksh script in such the way that the users can only execute the script, neither read nor write. I tried the below code so that my user alone has the rwx and other users can only execute. chmod 711 sample.ksh But when I logged in as a different user... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
26 Replies

8. Solaris

restrict sudo and chown in specified directory

Hi Dears, I have one requirement like this: general user A can execute command C with root privilege by sudo configuration some folders and files are created during the command C execution user A cannot access those folders and files because the owner is root user, so I want the user A... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restrict access

I'm trying to use squid to restrict elinks' access to certain websites(only http traffic). I have tried some configs in squid.conf but no luck. Hope someone has a bit of time to explain me how can you make these config's :) ---------- Post updated at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Birnbacher
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Restrict sudo -i

Hi, I wanted add a group to the sudoers file so they can run sudo commands and blocked su command but it seems they can just run sudo -i to switch to root which defeats my purpose. Is it possible to block sudo -i with the help of sudoers file or any other way. Please advise. The below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jartan
1 Replies
ALEX(1) 						  Alex Lexical Analyser Generator						   ALEX(1)

NAME
alex - the lexical analyser generator for Haskell SYNOPSIS
alex [OPTION]... file [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the alex command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation in various other formats, including DVI, Info and HTML; see below. Alex is a lexical analyser generator system for Haskell. It is similar to the tool lex or flex for C/C++. Input files are expected to be of the form file.x and alex will produce output in file.y Caveat: When using hbc (Chalmers Haskell) the command argument structure is slightly different. This is because the hbc run time system takes some flags as its own (for setting things like the heap size, etc). This problem can be circumvented by adding a single dash (`-') to your command line. So when using a hbc generated version of Alex, the argument structure is: alex - [OPTION]... file [OPTION]... OPTIONS
The programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`--'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the other documentation. -d, --debug Instructs Alex to generate a lexer which will output debugging messsages as it runs. -g, --ghc Instructs Alex to generate a lexer which is optimised for compiling with GHC. The lexer will be significantly more efficient, both in terms of the size of the compiled lexer and its runtime. -o FILE, --outfile=FILE Specifies the filename in which the output is to be placed. By default, this is the name of the input file with the .x suffix replaced by .hs -i [FILE], --info[=FILE] Produces a human-readable rendition of the state machine (DFA) that Alex derives from the lexer, in FILE (default: file.info where the input file is file.x ). The format of the info file is currently a bit basic, and not particularly informative. -v, --version Print version information on standard output then exit successfully. FILES
@DATADIR@ SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/alex, the Alex homepage (http://haskell.org/alex/) <http://haskell.org/alex/> COPYRIGHT
Alex Version 3.0.1 Copyright (c) 1995-2003, Chris Dornan and Simon Marlow AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ian Lynagh <igloo@debian.org>, based on the happy manpage, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Glasgow FP Suite 2003-09-09 ALEX(1)