Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read Data from Config file using Perl Post 302601959 by rangarasan on Saturday 25th of February 2012 07:08:01 AM
Old 02-25-2012
IniConf

Hi,

You can use IniConf module to read the config file in perl
or you can use Config::IniFiles too.

Please go through the module with below link

Cheers,
RangaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Read a config file and Assign to Variable

I have removeConfig file, it contains the dir paths for removing. I need to read line by line and assign to variable. any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the variable from config file

how to read the variable from config file eg: a.cfg below config file config file which contain a=`hostname` b=250 a.sh is shell script echo "$a and $b" if i run "a.sh 1.cfg" it works but when i declare N number of variable it wont works.. can u please suggest for that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from a config file.

Hello All, I have a config file which has the following data : export DBCHECKSUM001="/home/srvcdesk/DBCheckSum/DBCheckSum001.cfg" export DBCHECKSUM002="/home/srvcdesk/DBCheckSum/DBCheckSum002.cfg" export DBCHECKSUM003="/home/srvcdesk/DBCheckSum/DBCheckSum003.cfg" export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Autosys Config file update on a read-only filer

Hi To All Genius out there, We are running autosys application on solaris 10. In autosys we have a configuration file that contains an Autosys instance configuration data and is located on a NFS filer on which we have a read-only access. Our Autosys environment is on a dual server mode(Active... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: whn_chips_r_dwn
0 Replies

6. Programming

Read arguments from a config file in C

Hello everybody, I'm coding a program in C and i'm getting troubles with this. I need to read a config file and store the arguments into individual variables, let's say the config file looks like the following: #This is the configuration file... 192.168.0.1 A1:B1:C1:D1:E1:F1 192.168.0.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read the variable indivdually from config file

how to read the variable indivdually ( line by line ) in shell script eg : i have the config file where contain cat /home/user01/ilap/conf/input.conf node.txt node2.txt node3.txt i need to run script like /home/user01/ilap/exe/run.sh /home/user01/ilap/conf/input.conf ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from config file and use it in perl program

Hi, I want to configure some values in config file like below work_dir /home/work csv_dir /home/csv sql_dir /home/sqls reportfirst yes and i want to store each value in variable to use it further in my my perl program ?? any thought on this(i am new to perl) ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: How to read text from file and process $variable in that data too.

In the hello.htm have the sentenses: Hello $name How are you? The perl script: $name = "David"; open(HEADER,"hello.htm"); while(<HEADER>) { $html .= $_; } close(HEADER); print "$html";I making something about template. But it can't process the $name variable. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: natong
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
Config::Model::Exception(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Config::Model::Exception(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::Exception - Exception mechanism for configuration model VERSION
version 2.021 SYNOPSIS
# internal DESCRIPTION
You must read Exception::Class before reading on. This module creates all the exception class used by Config::Model. All exception class name begins with "Config::Model::Exception::" The exception classes are: "Any" Base class. It accepts an "object" argument. The user must pass the reference of the object where the exception occurred. The object name will be used to generate the error message. TODO: list all exception classes and hierarchy. How to get trace By default, most of the exceptions will not print out the stack trace. For debug purpose, you can force a stack trace. For instance, if you want a stack trace for an "unknown element" error, you must add this line in your script: Config::Model::Exception::UnknownElement->Trace(1) ; If you're not sure which class to trace, add this line in your script: Config::Model::Exception::Any->Trace(1) ; AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
Config::Model, Config::Model::Instance, Config::Model::Node, Config::Model::Value Exception::Class perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::Exception(3pm)