Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script validation using process. Post 302601861 by Corona688 on Friday 24th of February 2012 03:54:06 PM
Old 02-24-2012
How to get that information depends on your system. What is it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in file validation by shell script

Hi I am new to this forum.I need a help in the following: We receve pipe delimited file with transaction ID,tran_date,Quest_cd,Ans_cd,ans_value. Same transaction ID can be repeated with different quest_cd and ans_cd. Basically I need to check if a perticular pair of quest_cd and ans_cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srichakra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test File Reading & Validation using Shell script

Please help develop script for below requirement -------Sample file------------------------------- HSVSHOSTRECON 20090115011817BP DARMAR60064966247003504720000000000000000000066626000000000000133000003D003463001332 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: niraj_bhatt
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script data & time validation

How to validate a date and optionly a time in shell scripting when i get the date and time as pararmeters that sent out with the call of the file? (in my case sh union.sh `first parameter ,second parameter...` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

EMail Address Validation (Shell Script)

Hi, Can anyone provide me the code snippet for EMail Address Validation. User is going to enter the email address in form window. I need to validate the format is correct. Thanks in Advance BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill a process from parent shell within a shell script

Hi, I am looking for a solution for the following problem: Im Using tcpdump within a shellskript started in a subshell by using brackets: ( /usr/sbin/tcpdump -i ... -c 1 ) - I want the outout of tcpdump saved in a variable - Than tcpdump-Process in the Subshell should be killed - and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2retti
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validation in shell script.

PICKUPDIR=/home/ready/ DROPDIR=/home/downloaded/ TODAY=$(date '+%d%m%y') LOGFILE=xyz-$TODAY.log ########### #FUNCTIONS# ########### #function to perform file transfer to servercopy folder opalO () { cd $PICKUPDIR for fileName in `ls -1 TES_ONE*` do cp $fileName $DROPDIR done } >>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

String validation in shell script

Hi All, I am a newbie...I would like to have a function which ll check if a file contains valid strings before "=" operator. Just to give you my requirement: assume my file has content: hello= gsdgsd sfdsg sgdsg sgdgdg world= gggg hhhh iiiii xxxx= pppp ppppp pppp my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validation to be added in the shell script

I need help with one of my shell script. The script is working fine but i need to add two condition - i need to get rid of all the below ftp messages and need to have only ftp completed or failed message. example when i run the script i get below lines - Connected to xxxx 220 (vsFTPd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandraprakash
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with validation of URLs in shell script

hello every one I wrote the script to validate all the urls from my server . sourcing text file which contains the list of urls and trying to check every url and based on response printing url is up or not. the issue when i use the below code with url is printing url exist and and in loop it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markjohn1
3 Replies
ExtUtils::Depends(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      ExtUtils::Depends(3)

NAME
ExtUtils::Depends - Easily build XS extensions that depend on XS extensions SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::Depends; $package = new ExtUtils::Depends ('pkg::name', 'base::package') # set the flags and libraries to compile and link the module $package->set_inc("-I/opt/blahblah"); $package->set_libs("-lmylib"); # add a .c and an .xs file to compile $package->add_c('code.c'); $package->add_xs('module-code.xs'); # add the typemaps to use $package->add_typemaps("typemap"); # install some extra data files and headers $package->install (qw/foo.h data.txt/); # save the info $package->save_config('Files.pm'); WriteMakefile( 'NAME' => 'Mymodule', $package->get_makefile_vars() ); DESCRIPTION
This module tries to make it easy to build Perl extensions that use functions and typemaps provided by other perl extensions. This means that a perl extension is treated like a shared library that provides also a C and an XS interface besides the perl one. This works as long as the base extension is loaded with the RTLD_GLOBAL flag (usually done with a sub dl_load_flags {0x01} in the main .pm file) if you need to use functions defined in the module. The basic scheme of operation is to collect information about a module in the instance, and then store that data in the Perl library where it may be retrieved later. The object can also reformat this information into the data structures required by ExtUtils::MakeMaker's WriteMakefile function. When creating a new Depends object, you give it a name, which is the name of the module you are building. You can also specify the names of modules on which this module depends. These dependencies will be loaded automatically, and their typemaps, header files, etc merged with your new object's stuff. When you store the data for your object, the list of dependencies are stored with it, so that another module depending on your needn't know on exactly which modules yours depends. For example: Gtk2 depends on Glib Gnome2::Canvas depends on Gtk2 ExtUtils::Depends->new ('Gnome2::Canvas', 'Gtk2'); this command automatically brings in all the stuff needed for Glib, since Gtk2 depends on it. METHODS
$object = ExtUtils::Depends->new($name, @deps) Create a new depends object named $name. Any modules listed in @deps (which may be empty) are added as dependencies and their dependency information is loaded. An exception is raised if any dependency information cannot be loaded. $depends->add_deps (@deps) Add modules listed in @deps as dependencies. (hashes) = $depends->get_deps Fetch information on the dependencies of $depends as a hash of hashes, which are dependency information indexed by module name. See "load". $depends->set_inc (@newinc) Add strings to the includes or cflags variables. $depends->set_libs (@newlibs) Add strings to the libs (linker flags) variable. $depends->add_pm (%pm_files) Add files to the hash to be passed through ExtUtils::WriteMakefile's PM key. $depends->add_xs (@xs_files) Add xs files to be compiled. $depends->add_c (@c_files) Add C files to be compiled. $depends->add_typemaps (@typemaps) Add typemap files to be used and installed. $depends->add_headers (list) No-op, for backward compatibility. $depends->install (@files) Install @files to the data directory for $depends. This actually works by adding them to the hash of pm files that gets passed through WriteMakefile's PM key. $depends->save_config ($filename) Save the important information from $depends to $filename, and set it up to be installed as name::Install::Files. Note: the actual value of $filename seems to be irrelevant, but its usage is kept for backward compatibility. hash = $depends->get_makefile_vars Return the information in $depends in a format digestible by WriteMakefile. This sets at least the following keys: INC LIBS TYPEMAPS PM And these if there is data to fill them: clean OBJECT XS hashref = ExtUtils::Depends::load (name) Load and return dependency information for name. Croaks if no such information can be found. The information is returned as an anonymous hash containing these keys: instpath The absolute path to the data install directory for this module. typemaps List of absolute pathnames for this module's typemap files. inc CFLAGS string for this module. libs LIBS string for this module. deps List of modules on which this one depends. This key will not exist when loading files created by old versions of ExtUtils::Depends. $depends->load_deps Load $depends dependencies, by calling "load" on each dependency module. This is usually done for you, and should only be needed if you want to call "get_deps" after calling "add_deps" manually. BUGS
Version 0.2 discards some of the more esoteric features provided by the older versions. As they were completely undocumented, and this module has yet to reach 1.0, this may not exactly be a bug. This module is tightly coupled to the ExtUtils::MakeMaker architecture. SEE ALSO
ExtUtils::MakeMaker. AUTHOR
Paolo Molaro <lupus at debian dot org> wrote the original version for Gtk-Perl. muppet <scott at asofyet dot org> rewrote the innards for version 0.2, borrowing liberally from Paolo's code. MAINTAINER
The Gtk2 project, http://gtk2-perl.sf.net/ LICENSE
This library is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.1 2009-07-04 ExtUtils::Depends(3)