Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help For File modification
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help For File modification Post 302601765 by itkamaraj on Friday 24th of February 2012 10:23:09 AM
Old 02-24-2012
Code:
$ awk -v date="Feb 19" '{if($0~date){print;getline;print}}' o.txt
Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
 INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
 Feb 19, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
 INFO: Initialization processed in 771 ms

$ awk -v date="Feb 20" '{if($0~date){print;getline;print}}' o.txt
 Feb 20, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
 INFO: Starting service Catalina
 Feb 20, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
 INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.29
 Feb 20, 2012 5:05:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployDescriptor
 INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor test.xml

$ awk -v date="Feb 24" '{if($0~date){print;getline;print}}' o.txt
 Feb 24, 2012 5:05:01 PM org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader initWebApplicationContext
 INFO: Root WebApplicationContext: initialization started
 Feb 24, 2012 5:05:01 PM org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext prepareRefresh
 INFO: Refreshing org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext@5e4be2cc: display name 
 Feb 24, 2012 5:05:01 PM org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader loadBeanDefinitions
 INFO: Loading XML bean definitions from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]
 Feb 24, 2012 5:05:02 PM org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext obtainFreshBeanFactory
 INFO: Bean factory for application context

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File modification time

Does anyone know how to display the time with seconds of when a file was last modified. I can get hour & minutes but would also like seconds. --Running AIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edog
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the file modification time of a file on nfs mount point

Hi I am accessing a file on nfs mounted device, after completing using of the file, i am tring to restore the access time and modification times of the file. So i got the previous modified time of the file using stat() function and trying to set the date and time for the file, To set these... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification history

Can anyone please suggest an alternate command for "stat" . I am trying this on Solaris 5.9 , but the command doesn't exist. Basically i need to see one particalar file modification history. Any help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file disk_space.log. cat disk_space.log 94% / 32% /boot 38% /mnt/data 100% /media/CDROM I want the output, like cat disk_space.log 94% / 100% /media/CDROM That means print the line those are grater-than 90%. And rest of the line is remove from file. I have a... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi All, I have a file. This file contain huge amount of data. I want to modify this file. I want enter new line when count of "~ character is 79. Please find below the code : cat file_name | tr -d '\n' | sed... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Modification

Hi, I have a file input.txt. cat input.txt output is as follows : Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~"0002"~"name" "dd"~"35.50"~"" ~""~"0003"~"name"~"aa"~"21.3 5"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat output.txt Code: "0001"~"name"~"bb"~"20.25"~""~""~... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. Programming

File content modification

HI All, I have a file with content as below Filename: my name is xyz my name abc my name is bdf end Filename: my name uvx my name edd my name jhn end i want to edit the content and save into another file as Filename1: my name is xyz Filename1: my name abc Filename1: my name is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhon1257
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)