Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Problem installing PSP on rhel 5.2 64 Post 302601733 by pabloli150 on Friday 24th of February 2012 09:23:49 AM
Old 02-24-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Not the version of freetype it wanted, it appears. You might be able to get away with making symlinks that point and old version to your new version, but it may simply crash.

Code:
ldd ./hpsum

to see what files it demands.
it says

Code:
sv556:#/tmp/psp# ldd ./hpsum
        not a dynamic executable

and here you can see the library is already installed

Code:
sv556:#/usr/lib# find / -name libfreetype.so.6
/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6
/usr/lib64/libfreetype.so.6

Last edited by pabloli150; 02-24-2012 at 10:35 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installing Updates on RHEL 3 & 4

Is there another way to install updates on RHEL besides using the up2date utility? I have some systems that are not accessible to the internet. So, when I look for the updates that are supposed to be for my system, i dont even know where to go to download them? it just keeps bringing me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Bug hits while installing RHEL 5.5

I have one R710 Dell Box, when i try to install the RHEL on the system the installation stops with following error "Assertion (heads < 256) at disk_dos.c:486 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed." I 'm unable to ignore/cancel the same and have hard boot the server. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Problem in installing wine on rhel 6-64bit

I have installled and configured wine on rhel 6 - 64bit system... When i run wine command i faced a problem : wine : could not exec wineserver and when i run wineserver command i got the following error : /usr/local/wine/bin/wineserver : /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 : bad ELF interpreter NO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Installing EBS 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1 x86_64‏

i am in process to install R12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1. while installing pre-requisite on RHEL 6.1 i am facing following error : rpm -ivh xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libX11.so.6 is needed by xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Installing xwindow on RHEL (offline)

I need to install xwindow on my RHEL 7.2 server which is behind a firewall and no access to internet. If I run the below code, it will not able to install, as my server dont have internet connection. yum -y install xterm* xorg* xclock xauth Do you know, where can I get the required binaries... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5

Hi, I am trying to install tmux on vm allocated to me in my company . i am very new to linux. I have the root access on it. Can someone please provide the exact steps to get it installed. I tried: 1. Using yum, i get the below message. # yum install tmux Loaded plugins: security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
LDD(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    LDD(1)

NAME
ldd -- list dynamic object dependencies SYNOPSIS
ldd [-a] [-v] [-f format] program ... DESCRIPTION
The ldd utility displays all shared objects that are needed to run the given program or to load the given shared object. Contrary to nm(1), the list includes ``indirect'' dependencies that are the result of needed shared objects which themselves depend on yet other shared objects. Zero, one or two -f options may be given. The argument is a format string passed to rtld(1) and allows customization of ldd's output. If one is given, it sets LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS_FMT1. If two are given, they set LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS_FMT1 and LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS_FMT2, respectively. See rtld(1) for details, including a list of recognized conversion characters. The -a option displays the list of all objects that are needed by each loaded object. This option does not work with a.out(5) binaries. The -v option displays a verbose listing of the dynamic linking headers encoded in the executable. See the source code and include files for the definitive meaning of all the fields. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of a shell pipeline which uses the -f option. It will print a report of all ELF binaries in the current direc- tory, which link against libc.so.6: find . -type f | xargs -n1 file -F ' ' | grep ELF | cut -f1 -d' ' | xargs ldd -f '%A %o ' | grep libc.so.6 SEE ALSO
ld(1), nm(1), rtld(1) HISTORY
A ldd utility first appeared in SunOS 4.0, it appeared in its current form in FreeBSD 1.1. The -v support is based on code written by John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com> BSD
May 15, 2008 BSD