Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script for to kill the process Ids when restarting the unix server Post 302601672 by vbe on Friday 24th of February 2012 06:42:38 AM
Old 02-24-2012
Im sure there are alternatives:
What is you are trying to avoid?
What is this specific user? (a software ?)
Are are these processes?
killing at reboot is not "standard", Not letting such user connect or process to run till... is more...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Identifiy and Kill Idle Unix(SCO) Process called externally

Hi, Please let us know of any possiblity of identifying and killing unix proces invoked externally (by an external tool which does not create a session). 'who' command gives idle time of sessions. But what we are looking for is idle time of a process. 'ps' command gives the elapsed/running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbalajis
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to kill process

Hello guys, I have a process named monitoreo, with 'monitoreo start' my process start until i kill them, now i want to do 'monitoreo stop' to kill them. After 'monitoreo start' i have this process running: ps -af UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD ati 10958 1495 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to kill process...

hello Bros, I need to write some script that i can put it on crontab which checks for a process X if running. If the process X is ruuning then take the PID and kill it or display message that says process X is not running. I am using AIX 5.3 Thanks guys.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to find and kill a process with high memory utilization

Hi Unix Gurus i am somewhat new to unix scripting so need your help to create a script as below. # This script would find the process consuming memory beyond a certain #limit. if the meemory consumption is more than 100% for a period of 1 # minute for the specific process. the script would... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinforlinux
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in script to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's proc

hi friends, I am trying to automate the daily monitoring process of UNIX server and it's processes. the script are below i executed the above script using ksh -x monitortest1.sh in root login . It shows error at some lines . 1. i logged in using root ,but it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to loop all process ids and take pmap

Hi all, I need a script that will loop around all the current processes and take a pmap -x <process id> and output each pmap to a separate file. Would anyone have a quick command to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Kill a Process by Name...

Hello all... new to these forums and a bit of a newbie with linux aswell. I need to figure out how to write a shell script to kill a process by name as given to the script as an argument. I've got that part working OK, but i need to make sure that the script does not allow processes that are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cannon1707
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot kill hacker process with my script

I want to kill a process of xterm that is run by hacker with my login name. So, I write a shell script to do my goal. I run 2 xterm and then I run my script on a first xterm. it should kill the process of a second xterm but it doesn't.Why? Here is my code : #!/bin/ksh myps=$(ps -f|grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thsecmaniac
7 Replies
AUTOLOG(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   AUTOLOG(8)

NAME
autolog - Log out idle users SYNOPSIS
autolog [ options ] DESCRIPTION
The program reads the utmp file, entry by entry. The username for each 'user process' is compared to the entries in the configuration file (see autolog.conf(5) ). The first entry to match both the name, the group, and the tty line of the process will be used to conduct the automatic logout. CALL
/etc/init.d/autolog start or autolog to run this program in daemon-mode autolog -o to run this program as "ordinary" program. Keep in mind: Also when running as ordinary program, it will stay in memory until all its jobs are done. OPTIONS
-a (all processes) Print information on ALL utmp entries--not just user processes. -d (debug mode) This is helpful in setting up your configuration file. The program runs in foreground rather than forking and it prints out verbose messages about what it is doing. -n (nokill) Use this to prevent autolog from actually "killing" anyone. Use -d and -n together when setting up a new configuration file. ( This will not affect killing of lost processes. ) -o (ordinary) Use this to run this program as ordinary program, not as daemon. Program will end, when its job is done. In this case, some data is kept in "/var/lib/autolog/autolog.data". This is read, when the program is called again. -f config_file_name Use this to override the default: "/etc/autolog.conf" -l log_file_name Use this to override the default: "/var/log/autolog.log". Note that if this file doesn't exist, no logging will happen. Create the file (with touch) to enable logging. -t idle_time Use this to override the internal default idle time (minutes) -g grace_period Use this to override the internal default grace period (seconds) -m yes/no Use this to override the internal mailing switch. If "yes" the program will send mail to the users right after killing them. -c yes/no Use this to override the internal "pre-clear" switch. If "yes" the program will clear the terminal screen before warning the user. -w yes/no Do timeouts based on total session time--not idle time. (hard) -l yes/no If set to "yes" activities will be written to the logfile if present. AUTHOR
Kyle Bateman <kyle@actarg.com> (autolog 0.35), Carsten Juerges <juerges@cip-bau.uni-hannover.de> (autolog 0.40) This manual page was modified for Debian by Paul Telford <pxt@debian.org> Linux Administrative Utilities AUTOLOG(8)