Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email Attachments in shell script Post 302601657 by satyajeet.kadam on Friday 24th of February 2012 06:26:44 AM
Old 02-24-2012
Try this one

Code:
$uuencode /home/bin/file.csv file.csv | mail -s "Generated file" myself@gmail.com

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Surely you mean:
Code:
uuencode /home/bin/file.csv file.csv | mail -s "Generated file" myself@gmail.com

Last edited by methyl; 02-29-2012 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: please use code tags; suggest post without leading $

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking email attachments

Dear Friends, Is there any way to block incoming emails with attachments or move them in specified directory on. Can anybody help? Yours kam (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamlakar
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email Attachments

I use metasend to send an attachment to an email. The attached file has a .csv extension however when the email is received the extension is changed to .att. Does anyone know why ? I need the name to remain as .csv (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fabbas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachments using email through shell script

Hi all, I have written a shell script which sends emails with attachments to our clients. All our attachments are simple flat files (.txt format). The script is working fine and sending the attachments to the mail-ids except that, when i am sending the attachments to non-outlook users (Like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: symhonian
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email attachments

Hello, I've search the forum, but I cannot find an answer to my specific question. I'm trying to send some files to my professor. Upon his request, I used the following: tar -cvf vh.tar vh_part1.c vh_part2.c vh_part3.c vh_part4.c vh_sample_run15.txt uuencode vh.tar vh.tar > proj1 mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venush
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email with messagebody and attachments

Hi Friends, I am using perl on windows environment and i wish to send out an email with body of the mail referring from a text file and attaching a file. Perl should read the body of the mail from a file say bodyofmail.txt and attach a file say attachment.txt. I would like to do both in the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic email attachments

Hi all, I am quite new to Unix shell scripting and I am trying to create a common function to send mail that is capable of adding multiple attachments. The script works if there is only one attachment. But when there is more than one, it just won't work. It gives a syntax message "Usage:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dongzky
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send Files as Attachments through email

Dear Members, I am trying to send a file as an attachment from the command prompt in Linux. I am using the following: (echo "Find attached Exception Report"; uuencode $DATA_TOP/out/data/$err_rpt_file $err_rpt_file)|/bin/mailx -s "***Exceptions Found" davidk@xyz.com Here err_rpt_file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Attachments name change in shell script

Hi Guys, I have written a script to send some .csv files to my client.The script work fines and they receive file correctly.But,The problem is the file name is changed to "attachment" from "123.csv" even after using uuencode. Please someone help me ASAP. My Script part looks just like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navaz
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email with multiple attachments ?

Hello , I am trying to send an email with two attachments . I have tried all previous suggestion in this forum but none worked. I could send one attachment in an email by uuencode $file "$file" | mailx -m -s "File" xxx@xx.com but unable to send multiple attachments . I have tried ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RaviTej
8 Replies

10. HP-UX

Email Using uuenview w/ Multiple Attachments

HP-UX mbhp7640 B.11.31 U ia64 4294967295 unlimited-user license Our database builds a MIME compliant html email, then cats that to sendmail - no problem. Due to horrible issues with the native uuencode, we long ago began using uuenview to encode our attachments - no problem. An example is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba77
1 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-adfpqr] [-c command] [file] DESCRIPTION
script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Option: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -c command Run the named command instead of the shell. Useful for capturing the output of a program that behaves differently when associated with a tty. -d When playing back a session with the -p flag, don't sleep between records when playing back a timestamped session. -f Flush output after each write. This is useful for watching the script output in real time. -p Play back a session recorded with the -r flag in real time. -q Be quiet, and don't output started and ended lines. -r Record a session with input, output, and timestamping. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is used by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. BSD
October 17, 2009 BSD