Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Wants to change shell script into crontab Post 302601650 by balajesuri on Friday 24th of February 2012 06:16:32 AM
Old 02-24-2012
Ok, good. Now read point #2 and #3 of post #2 above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab and shell script that executes a sql.

Problem: I have a crontab and when it kicks off, xxx.sh shell script is called. Which has a nohup sqlplus session call. Problem is sql does not get executed and a text file is not getting created. Only a empty log file is getting created. Are there any constraints for crontab to open a sql... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove line from crontab in shell script?

Hi folks, I need to write a rollback script which removes the following line from the crontab: 0 0 * * * su - orca -c "/home/orca/core-<SCHEMA_NAME>/cleanup/CLI/cleanup_BRMS.ksh -c OC4J_RiGHTv_<SCHEMA_NAME>" <SCHEMA_NAME> is parameter. How to do it in ksh? Maybe it's better to backup the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to execute sh script in bash shell via crontab

hello. we are porting over from HPUX Shell to Linux. my default shell is bash so i can no longer schedule to execute a sh script in crontab. can anyone pls help me out? I searched the site but didnt find any details. thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i run a shell script without crontab.

Hi Folks, Could you please suggest me how to run a shell script on a solaris env without using crontab. I am actually trying to write a shell script which will grep "WORD" in the logfile andd sends a email.Thanks in advance. Thanks Sandeep. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep anand
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we edit crontab using a shell script

Hi, Can some one tell me if we can configure the jobs in crontab using a shell script. I know it can be done easily by using "crontab -e", but i just want to know whether we can add a job into the crontab using a shell script. If it can be done, plz suggest the procedure to do it. If it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudrarajumk
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a job to crontab via shell script

Is it possible to add a job to crontab with a shell script? The existing jobs in the crontab should exist as it was. The new job should be appended. Also, the crontab file is /var/spool/cron/root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change crontab from shell script

Hi All, I have scheduled a script to run every five minutes through crontab. If there is any issue with the script which may need manual intervention, I have used the mailx commands. But at the same time, I would want the cron to be disabled until the issue is resolved. Once things are fine,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

use crontab for a shell script..

hi, i have shell script which checks for service running on platform, if service is receiving calls, then do nothing if service is not receiving calls, then stop the service i want to run this script in 2 timeslots. i.e. in the day from 9 am to 5 pm it should run every 10 minutes and ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravah
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab using shell script to sync files.

Hi, I developed one shell script where it will sync the files using perforce, #!/bin/bash TERM=linux export TERM clear echo "" $PATH echo "" cd /u/userk/p4/p4_client/TES_DATE echo "" echo "Sync p4 " p4 sync echo "Executing for second time " p4 -u userk -p p4net:161 -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Shell script not working in crontab

Hi Iam running below script in crontab but its not working. #!/bin/sh cd /Scripts /usr/local/bin/expect -f /Scripts/bng_backup.exp /Scripts/data.txt tar -cf bngbackup.tar bngbackup ;gzip bngbackup.tar when iam running manually the output file is generating..but bngbackup.tar.gz file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)