Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Maximum buffer size for read() Post 302601637 by acdc on Friday 24th of February 2012 05:56:32 AM
Old 02-24-2012
thanks a lot Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using fread if the buffer size is not known

Hi... I am trying to read a binary data that have different types of messages of different lengths. I am using fread() but this functions needs the size and count to read the buffer from the file. I think this may cause that the buffer overlaps other messages. Is there an alternative to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jlrodz
1 Replies

2. Programming

Maximum File Size

Hi, When i checked for the maximum file size on solaris 5.9 the max file size obtained was only 2147483647 and all the further writes to the file which had reached that max size is not added to that file. even i had registered the signal SIGXFSZ, but the signal was not delivered to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
5 Replies

3. AIX

Pipe Buffer Size

Hi:- One of our users is getting an error: "There is no process to read data written to a pipe.” I am trying to find out what the pipe buffer size is currently set to. How do I go about this? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: janet
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

buffer cache size

hi everyone, can any one help change the buffer cache size in redhat and suse?? this error i got when i installed oracle 10g and it went well and when i try to mount the database using startup cmd it says too many buffer cache parameters (error code : ora-1034) thnq in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsr_kashyap
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum size of a file in unix

What's the maximum file size supported by unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increase the buffer size to read lengthy lines

Hi All, I am trying to read output from a command. The output format is as follows: Thursday 13 Mar 2008 Information This is sample text Friday 14 Mar 2008 Warning This is one more sample text First line contains informtation (date etc) and the 2nd line contains some information. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssunda6
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maximum file size ????

Hi All, - block size of 512KB & every address requires 4 bits - The inode structure contains 10 direct pointers, 1 single indirect, 1 double indirect & 1 triple indirect pointer What could be the possible maximum file size for this system Any guess? I am unable to understand the question... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
0 Replies

8. Programming

Cannot read a file with read(fd, buffer, buffersize) function

# include <stdio.h> # include <fcntl.h> # include <stdlib.h> # include <sys/stat.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int fRead, fPadded, padVal; int btRead; int BUFFSIZE = 512; char buff; if (argc != 4) { printf ("Please provide all of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naranja18she
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decrease buffer size

Hi, I am using the below command to get the output in a file called "Logs.txt" tail -f filename | egrep -i "cpu | hung " >> Logs.txt The problem is the Logs.txt file gets updated only after the buffer is 8Kb, but i want to update the file immediately and not wait for the buffer to get 8kb. Is... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: @bhi
8 Replies

10. Programming

[c] How to calculate size of the file from size of the buffer?

Hi, Can I find size of the file from size of the buffer written? nbECRITS = fwrite(strstr(data->buffer, ";") + 1, sizeof(char), (data->buffsize) - LEN_NOM_FIC, fic_sortie); Thank You :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)