Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu How to find symbolic links recursively under a folder in Linux Post 302601630 by acdc on Friday 24th of February 2012 05:49:49 AM
Old 02-24-2012
thanks a lot.This post helped me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Too many levels of symbolic links

Hi, Is there a limit to the number of symbolic links you can have? I tried to vi the symbolic link relating to a file and got the following error: "filename" Too many levels of symbolic links There is only one symbolic link to one file in this case, but there are >2000 other links to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

2. Solaris

cp a dty without symbolic links?

Hi, - we have copy (cp command) to do to save all the contents of a dty BUT we dont want to copy the files corresponding to symbolic links contained whithin this dty - the box is a sun solaris one - and the cp commande do not say avything about that? thanks for help Jakez (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAKEZ
7 Replies

3. AIX

Symbolic Links

I am linking a directory as follows: ln -sf /home/xxx/userid/real_files/* /home/xxx/userid/linked_files This gives me symbolic links for all the files in the real_files directory in the linked_files directory. My question is, if I go and remove a file in the real_files directory and then go... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcarnesiii
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links between directories

Hi all, lets consider 2 directories test1 and test2. I want to link test2 to point to test1, how do u do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

recurssion via symbolic links without allowing system to act recursively?

I tried looking up combinations of the keywords "infinite loop links" in google before causing a recurring post here... but alas, I couldn't find much. Cause: I've created an infinite loop, in a way, of directories. Problem: I'm not sure if this will crash a backup program (trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzacsh
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Links

Hi all, I have scoured the entire forum for this but to no avail unfortunately. Basically, I would like to remove my symbolic link from my folder name i.e. foldername -> /a/b/c/d/f where f is indeed a folder. I have tried rmdir but this does not work and in actual fact deletes the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissioning for symbolic links

I've just started using UNIX in a Linux vmplayer. I'm trying to run the command: ln -s `pwd`/$1 `python -c "from distutils.sysconfig import get_python_lib; print get_python_lib()"`/$1 in a script from an online tutorial, but I keep getting an error message: ln: creating symbolic link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ChipT
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links in UNIX

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 layers of soft links for it. For ex. ls -la .profile .profile@ -> /home/act/.profile_abc ls -la /home/act/.profile_abc@ -> .profile_final I want to get the name of the last file (i.e. .profile_final) when I refer to .profile using shell script. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and Recreate around 400 Symbolic Links in one Folder

Hello, I recently just switched my phphandler to suPHP on my server in order to increase security a bit. I am working with 2 scripts, one of which is vbulletin forums and the other is custom. The vbulletin forum avatars are all symbolic links to pictures in the other custom script. When I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambition13
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Symbolic links

Soft link,Hard link brief explanation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAJU KAVATI
1 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)