Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCP error: No such file or directory Post 302601281 by vbe on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 09:14:58 AM
Old 02-23-2012
Glad you found out by yourself...

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

scp prompt when home directory is 777

Morning all, I was running some deployment scripts on Friday night that kept failing because it prompted for a password for a user I was already sudo'd in as when trying to scp a file onto itself. e.g. on server 51.123.123.123 as sudo dlam typing: scp testfile dlam@51.123.123.123:/tmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scp from local to external directory

Hi, I am trying to copy a whole directory from my home /RUN1 to the external directory jorgensen@hal.oerc.ox.ac.uk:/home/compchem/jorgensen/simulations The command I have used is: scp -r jorgensen@hal.oerc.ox.ac.uk:/home/compchem/jorgensen/simulations The error message I get is: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy file using SCP (Input/output & Permission denied error)

Hi, I am facing issue while using scp. Source & target machines are Linux & HP-UX respectively. On target machine, if I fire the following command, I get error: Now if I try scp on another file, which is on the same source machine, it works fine. All directories and subdirectories... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
2 Replies

4. Solaris

how scp a file to server with space in the directory name

Hello forum, I’m trying to get someone else’s log rotation & sync script working. The ksh script is sending daily compressed log files to a Windows RSA envision server. The name of the directory is “CA SITEMINDER_<IP address of the sending server>”. The servers we are sending from are a mix of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TKD
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory copy with scp

I need to copy all files and directories with scp, but seems I am missing something? /usr/bin/scp -p /custscripts/* rmprod2:/custscripts doesn't copy directories and files under them. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

No such file or directory error

Hi, After executing load_data.sh script , it completes the steps in script but give following error.Please let me know how to fix it. ./load_data.sh: ' missing ./load_data.sh: 0: not found for i in 1 2 3 do ###some processing#### DLOG=$( eval echo \${TXPCY_${i}_DATA_FILE_LOG} )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

7. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Such File or Directory error

Hi! I just recently started messing around with Unix, but I've come upon one problem multiple times. Whenever I try to run a shell script, for example; #! /bin/bash #-------------------------------------- # example1 #-------------------------------------- echo "Hello, World!" I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoapilyProne
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp from variable date directory

I am trying the mentioned script as #!/usr/bin/expect -f # connect via scp spawn scp root@10.71.15.34:/apps/log/ui/(date +\%Y\%m\%d)/BATCH*.log /root/BATCH_VSAT_MME01.log ####################### expect { -re ".*es.*o.*" { exp_send "yes\r" exp_continue } -re ".*sword.*" { exp_send... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Pawar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

No such file or directory error

I am new to shell scripting so I assume there is something basic I am missing but I have not been able to figure it out. When I run the following code from a script it can't find the paths to the directory or files. I can literally cut and paste the commands into terminal and they work fine. Why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TryAgain12
2 Replies