Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: parse lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting parse lines Post 302601241 by Anjan1 on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 07:21:41 AM
Old 02-23-2012
Thanks it works. Can someone tell me how to do it in perl

---------- Post updated at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:09 AM ----------

Franklin52 can u tell me what NR% means in awk statement?

I found how do it in perl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

parse multiple lines? should be a easy answer...

inputfile: A B C D E F G H 1 2 3 4 ----------- I want to read these and put them into a variable: file=../inputfile col2line1=`cat $file | awk '{print $2}'` how do i extract row 2's E,F,G,H or row 3's 1,2,3,4??? I tried the search, didn't get much, maybe i suck at searching too... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse of lines with different delimiters

Hi, I am having huge file with the following lines. 2007:10:01:00:00:49:GMT: subject=BMRA.BM.T_ABTH7.FPN, message={SD=2007:10:01:00:00:00:GMT,SP=5,NP=2,TS=2007:10:01:01:00:00:GMT,VP=0.0,TS=2007:10:01:01:30:00:GMT,VP=0.0} 2007:10:01:00:00:49:GMT: subject=BMRA.BM.T_ABTH7G.FPN,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathasha
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse and count lines

I have a data file in the following format (refer to input file) with multiple lines containing some information. I need an output file to loop thorough the input file with summarized information as seen below (refer to output file) ‘Date Time' and ‘Beta Id' input file values should be concatenated... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharaj
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extra/parse lines from a file between unque lines through the file

I need help to parse a file where there are many records, all of which are consistently separated by lines containing “^=============” and "^ End of Report". Example: ============= 1 2 3 4 End of record ============= 1 3 4 End of record Etc.... I only need specific lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jouuu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse and delete lines efficiently

Hi I have a set of options in the form of key value in a file. Need to find a particular value of 'a' and delete all lines till the next 'a' keyword . Ex : a bbb c ddd e fff g hhh a sss c ggg e xxx f sss a ddd d sss r sss g hhh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TDUser
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file to display lines containing a word

Hi! I'm trying to create a shell script to parse a file which might have multiple lines matching a pattern (i.e. containing some word). I need to return all lines matching the pattern, but stripping the contents of that line until the pattern is matched For example, if my input file was ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse out specific lines

Hello, For the life of me, I can't figure out how to extract only certain lines of a file. For example, the file contains: project.max-sem-ids privileged 1.02K - deny - system 16.8M max deny ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PointyWombat
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to parse 2 particular lines from Command output

Hi All, I need help on the following req. I am getting output of a command as follows: 16377612 total memory 3802460 used memory 2827076 active memory 681948 inactive memory 12575152 free memory 477452 buffer memory I want to compute used... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailsara
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

[Solved] AWK to parse adjacent matching lines

Hi, I have an input file like F : 0.1 : 0.002 P : 0.3 : 0.004 P : 0.5 : 0.008 P : 0.1 : 0.005 L : 0.05 : 0.02 P: 0.1 : 0.006 P : 0.01 : 0.08 F : 0.02 : 0.08 Expected output: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse multiple lines

What is the correct syntax to have the awk parse the next line as well? The next in bold is where I think it should go, but I wanted to ask the experts since I am a beginner. The file to be parsed is attached as well. Thank you :). awk 'NR==2 {split($2,a,"");b=substr(a,1,length(a-1));print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
NDSELECT(1)							   User Commands						       NDSELECT(1)

NAME
ndselect - select lines and fields for numdiff DESCRIPTION
Usage: ndselect -h|--help|-v|--version or ndselect [-b N][-e N][-s N][-F N][-L N][-I N][-S IFS][-x][-l PATH][-o PATH] [FILE] Print to standard output a subset of lines and fields from a given file. The argument after the options is the name of the file to read from. The complete path of the file should be given, a directory name is not accepted. If no input file is specified, the program reads from the standard input. Exit status: 0 in case of normal termination, -1 (255) in case of error -b, --beginning, --start=N Set to N the number of the first line to print (The default behavior is to start with line number 1) -e, --end=N Set to N the number of the last line that can be printed (The default behavior is to arrive till to the end of the file) -s, --step=N Set to N the increment to use when selecting the lines to print (The default value for the increment is 1) -F, --first-field=N Set to N the number of the first field to print (The default behavior is to start with field number 1) -L, --last-field=N Set to N the number of the last field that can be printed (The default behavior is to arrive till to the end of every line) -I, --increment=N Set to N the increment to use when selecting the fields to print (The default value for the increment is 1) -S, --separator=IFS Specify the set of characters to use to split the input lines into fields (The default set of characters is space, tab and newline). -x, --omit-empty-lines Do not print empty lines -l, --warnings-to=PATH Redirect warning and error messages from stderr to the indicated file -o, --output=PATH Redirect output from stdout to the indicated file -h, --help Show this help message -v, --version Show version number, Copyright, Distribution Terms and NO-Warranty COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Ivano Primi <ivprimi@libero.it> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later, see <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for ndselect is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and ndselect programs are properly installed at your site, the command info numdiff should give you access to the complete manual. ndselect 5.6.0 January 2012 NDSELECT(1)