Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers destination directory for make install isc-dhcp-server Post 302601228 by chebarbudo on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 06:45:55 AM
Old 02-23-2012
destination directory for make install isc-dhcp-server

Hi there,

I'm trying to install isc-dhcp-server from source.

When I install it from package (eg. using aptitude), files created are :
/usr/sbin/dhcpd
/etc/dhcp/dhcpd.conf
/usr/share/man/*

But when I install from source (,.configure && make && make install), then files created are :
/usr/local/sbin/dhcpd
/usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf
/usr/local/share/man/*

How can I force make install to copy files to /sbin/ and /etc/?

Thanks for your help.
Santiago

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to make zone get ip from external DHCP server

hi all, i am working to configure zone into solaris 10 i successuded to configure but there is new issuse i have i have in my network DHCP server and i want to zone to get ip from this DHCP what can i do (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Directory Server Enterprise Edition 7 - install on Solaris10

hello, Today trying to install the DSEE and died... I have Solaris 10 10/09 SPARC and I try install DSEE7 on solaris non-global zones. I made all the necessary steps in Oracle-Sun documentation for DSEE7 install. I haven't errors and problem during instalation. When I try log in: Web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to change the destination directory of a make install

Hi there, I'm installing the sleuthkit from sources (because the debian package is crap). So I go threw the process of wget + tar + configure + make + make install. At the end, all the executables and libraries are in /usr/local/bin/, /usr/local/lib/, /usr/local/share/... How can I do to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ISC DHCP ipv4 options and matching ipv6

Hi I am looking to set-up ISC DHCP to support ipv6, and to migrate my existing SUN DHCP ipv4 to ISC, finding the ipv4 options for the SUN DHCP options was ok eg TFTPsrvN = tftp-server-name OptBootF = bootfile-name However if I set up a DHCPv6 does anyone know what the equivalent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
0 Replies

6. Solaris

ISC DHCP ipv4 and ipv6 options

Hi I am looking to set-up ISC DHCP to support ipv6, and to migrate my existing SUN DHCP ipv4 to ISC, finding the ipv4 options for the SUN DHCP options was ok eg TFTPsrvN = tftp-server-name OptBootF = bootfile-name However if I set up a DHCPv6 does anyone know what the equivalent... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eeisken
1 Replies

7. Fedora

Make check install and make all install

hi dear i want to know what is different between make check install and make all install? thanks in advane fereshte (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: komijani
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to move gz files from one source directory to destination directory?

Hi All, Daily i am doing the house keeping in one of my server and manually moving the files which were older than 90 days and moving to destination folder. using the find command . Could you please assist me how to put the automation using the shell script . ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
11 Replies
extract_font_range(3alleg4)					  Allegro manual				       extract_font_range(3alleg4)

NAME
extract_font_range - Extracts a range of characters from a font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *extract_font_range(FONT *f, int begin, int end) DESCRIPTION
This function extracts a character range from a font and returns a new font that contains only the range of characters selected by this function. You can pass -1 for either the lower or upper bound if you want to select all characters from the start or to the end of the font. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *capitals; FONT *fontcopy; ... /* Create a font of only capital letters */ capitals = extract_font_range(myfont, 'A', 'Z'); /* Create a copy of the font */ fontcopy = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, -1); ... destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(fontcopy); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
get_font_range_begin(3alleg4), get_font_range_end(3alleg4), merge_fonts(3alleg4), transpose_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extract_font_range(3alleg4)