Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to enter the DB
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Unable to enter the DB Post 302601167 by cero on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 03:55:29 AM
Old 02-23-2012
@itkamaraj
he already tried...

@vivek.goel.piet
your backup control file is younger than your datafiles. You have to restore the archivelogs that contain the changes that happened during the timedifference in order to bring your database to a consistent state. Do a recover until cancel like in your second post but specify the restored archivelog(s).
What lead to that situation? An unsuccessful restore? A corrupted data- or controlfile?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with Enter Character

I'm using PHP in my site. I have txt files for news. I reads the txt files and post the news. i have a php function that finds the caracter asc(13) which is the enter, and puts a <br>. It works in Windows, but not on Unix. Can u help me with that. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zecarlos
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Cant enter password

When i come to the login screen i will put root and no password, and it will say its incorrect, but even when i try to enter a password nothing comes up in the box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: possuman72
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Enter to OBP

Hello, today i'm comment in /etc/vfstab fs /usr and my server load in SingleUser without anything commands :( How i can enter to OBP from # ? or ILOM ? I'm try CTRL+BREAK (F5) , CTRL+ALT+BREAK (F5) and #. but it's don't help me :(((( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to have ENTER after each symbol.

I want to know script for Input file : 123456789 outputfile : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 now please how can generalize it like i want output : 123 456 789 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparkriver
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trigger Enter

Hello, I need to trigger every time enter has been clicked while some one on terminal i tried to googleit but with out result any idea ?? thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AYAK
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove enter

Hi All, I have a file , delimited by | Last column of the file has a extra enter causing error in my program Eg: firstworld <enter>; NO EMP i want data to be firstworld; NO EMP Is there a way to remove enter from a file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tab and Enter

Do Tab or Enter behave like a command in some cases? For example, I had been trying to plot with gnuplot by usinf shell script like command inside: cat plot.gnu gives : plot 'datafile1' , \ 'datafile2' Now gnuplot doesn't recognize the newline command "\" unless I use "enter" in the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pressing enter and script still goes on

i have a bash shell script and i press enter and the script still continues on? how do i stop this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop logic, enter into respective IF as per enter input file name

have three big data file, however I just need to see the mentioned below one line form the all the file which has SERVER_CONNECTION Value File 1 export SERVER_CONNECTION=//dvlna002:10001/SmartServer File2 export SERVER_CONNECTION=///SmartServer File3 export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)