Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extracting line1 from a file with certain file pattern in line 7 Post 302601131 by balajesuri on Thursday 23rd of February 2012 02:10:57 AM
Old 02-23-2012
Code:
awk '$7>=0.3{print $1}' inputfile

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get line1 and line4 in a repeat pattern file

I have a datafile contain hundreds of lines: line1 1 2 line4 ================== line1 4 2 line4 ================== line1 3 1 line4 =================== (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: Sorting and extracting a line from a file

I was proposed with the following problem: The file 'numbers' contains a list of numbers. Write a command to place the largest one of those numbers in the file 'largest' (there should be nothing else in that file). Do not use the 'head' command in your answer. I think if i used the sort... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stava
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting line from a file

Hi, I would like to extract a certain portion of sentences from a particular sentence i.e. to extract the last section embrace by input output Please advice. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwgi32
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a pattern in file and deleting th ewhole line containing the pattern

Hi All, Please can someone assist in the script I have made that searches a pattern in a file and delete the whole line containing the pattern. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read value # check if the user has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting columns using pattern file from source file

Hi experts,Please help me for the below requirement. i have a source file.(lets say contains 50 columns). I am extarcting five columns from the source file by using pattern file. for example input file:--------a,b,c,d,"a,g","v b",s,koutputfile=======a,"a,g","v b",s,kThanks in advance subhendu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting pattern from every line

My scenario: 1. textfle 2. every line similar to: "...____ your sister?is1are0am0Grammar point1_______ the chairs in..." 3. need to extract only the numbers in each line, eg 001 in the case above. Tried different GREP/Sed combinations but...here I am An output like that would be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting line numbers from a file and redirecting them to another file

i have applied the following command on a file named unix.txt that contains the string "linux from the text" grep -n -i -w "linux from the text" unix.txt and the result is 5:Today's Linux from the text systems are split into various branches, developed over time by AT&T as well as various... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading line1 with line2 and line 2 with line 3 in unix

Hi, I have a requirement where i have to read a file line by line and see if the string(fixed postion 10 to 15 in the file) in line 2 is greater than string in line 1. I have used following code while read LINE1 do current_inv_no=$(echo "$LINE1" | cut -c 10-15) read... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chethanbg2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read line1 from file1 - make it line1 of file2

Hi friends I have two files cat file1 i am the header a b c d cat file2 e f g h I want a script that would give me file2 with the header/first line as if in file1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert content of file before the first occurrence of a line starts with a pattern in another file

Hi all, I'm new to scripting.. facing some problems while inserting content of a file into another file... I want to insert content of a file (file2) into file1, before first occurrence of "line starts with pattern" in file1 file1 ====== working on linux its unix world working on... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagadeesh Kumar
14 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)