Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming *** glibc detected *** ./a.out: malloc(): memory corruption (fast): Post 302600976 by Corona688 on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 02:49:55 PM
Old 02-22-2012
I don't see anything obviously wrong with your code, but you use lots of variables you don't show being defined, so it's very difficult to say. Post more of your code.

Since you're dealing with structures of pointers it's possible for a bug earlier to crash the code later -- a bad pointer gets stored, and the crash only happens when you use the bad value...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 ***

when i try to use the class i wrote, i either get this: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x40236ff4 *** and the proccess exits with an error code of 0; or it segfaults. could someone look at my header file (with imp.) to give me some insight as to why its not working? ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
19 Replies

2. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

3. Programming

Why does this occur? *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x10013ff8 ***

there seems not to be error in this segment. In some computers, it can work well. But in others, it will give a failure. why it ocurrs and how to deal with it? in a function: if( *ver == NULL ) { *ver = (vertex *) malloc(sizeof(vertex)); //this line ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
17 Replies

4. Programming

solved: glibc detection corruption using a fork in popen

Hi, I am having a hell of a time getting this to work. So basically, I have opened a popen to run a program that is going to prompt an action to occur half way through, when it gets to this I need to create a separate process and do some stuff, then return to the original process. This works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrank27
0 Replies

5. Programming

./match_pattern.out: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0000000013a11600 ***

Hi All, I have a simple code which does some computation by matching string patterns. In brief: 1. The code reads .dat and .txt files. 2. .dat files are huge text files and .txt files contain some important words. 3. I am just doing strstr to find the patterns. 4. The function returns the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
3 Replies

6. Programming

glib detected: malloc() memory curruption

I am using libxml2 library for XMl parsing and libxml++ is C++ wrapper over that. So I am using API of libxml++. I am creating my class and composing instance xmlpp::Node *pNode in that. my class also have funciton prepareXPathQuery() which creates query string and have other fucntion... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharadwagh
2 Replies

7. Programming

*** glibc detected *** : malloc(): memory corruption (fast)

Hi Friends, while executing the below code, am getting *** glibc detected *** ./ok: malloc(): memory corruption (fast) error, please suggest how to solve this issue. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sqlca.h> #include <alloca.h> /* Define constants for VARCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpjobsrch
2 Replies

8. Programming

*** glibc detected *** ./a.out malloc() memory corruption

I am facing a problem of memory corruption. The loop runs for the first time but does not go through the second time. What could be the problem? for(int z=0;z<2;z++) { fp=fopen("poly.dat","r"); /*do something which reads this file into a 2D array*/ fclose(fp); ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dare
10 Replies

9. Programming

C++ glibc detected double free or corruption(!prev) using shared library

Currently I test a shared library vendor provided in linux , the following is the simple source : #include <iostream> using namespace std; extern int test1(); extern int test2(); int main() { cout << "hello world" << endl ; return 0 ; cout << "Test 1" << endl; ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barfatchen
6 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

FORTRAN error *** glibc detected ***

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm doing aproximation of derivative called five-point stencil. For every value of x, in interval , in step... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antonija
0 Replies
apport-bug(1)						      General Commands Manual						     apport-bug(1)

NAME
apport-bug, apport-collect - file a bug report using Apport, or update an existing report SYNOPSIS
apport-bug apport-bug symptom | pid | package | program path | .apport/.crash file apport-collect report-number DESCRIPTION
apport-bug reports problems to your distribution's bug tracking system, using Apport to collect a lot of local information about your sys- tem to help the developers to fix the problem and avoid unnecessary question/answer turnarounds. You should always start with running apport-bug without arguments, which will present a list of known symptoms. This will generate the most useful bug reports. If there is no matching symptom, you need to determine the affected program or package yourself. You can provide a package name or program name to apport-bug, e. g.: apport-bug firefox apport-bug /usr/bin/unzip In order to add more information to the bug report that could help the developers to fix the problem, you can also specify a process ID instead: $ pidof gnome-terminal 5139 $ apport-bug 5139 As a special case, to report a bug against the Linux kernel, you do not need to use the full package name (such as linux- image-2.6.28-4-generic); you can just use apport-bug linux to report a bug against the currently running kernel. Finally, you can use this program to report a previously stored crash or bug report: apport-bug /var/crash/_bin_bash.1000.crash apport-bug /tmp/apport.firefox.332G9t.apport Bug reports can be written to a file by using the --save option or by using apport-cli. apport-bug detects whether KDE or Gnome is running and calls apport-gtk or apport-kde accordingly. If neither is available, or the session does not run under X11, it calls apport-cli for a command-line client. UPDATING EXISTING REPORTS
apport-collect collects the same information as apport-bug, but adds it to an already reported problem you have submitted. This is useful if the report was not originally filed through Apport, and the developers ask you to attach information from your system. OPTIONS
Please see the apport-cli(1) manpage for possible options. ENVIRONMENT
APPORT_IGNORE_OBSOLETE_PACKAGES Apport refuses to create bug reports if the package or any dependency is not current. If this environment variable is set, this check is waived. Experts who will thoroughly check the situation before filing a bug report can define this in their ~/.bashrc or temporarily on the command line when calling apport-bug. SEE ALSO
apport-cli(1) AUTHOR
apport and the accompanying tools are developed by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. Martin Pitt September 08, 2009 apport-bug(1)