Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error during Accessing Global variable inside function Post 302600853 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 09:00:56 AM
Old 02-22-2012
change the subject to

you need to escape the " (double quotes)

Code:
subject="$taskName\" \": \" $* \" at `date` "

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing redirected file inside script

hi, Is there a way to access the redirected file inside the script. Here is what the command line looks like: $ shar * > archive_file.arc I know I can't access the name of archive_file.arc with positional parameters like $1, $2.. Is there any way to figure out what file the output of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing a variable inside a variable to a function

I would like to know how to pass a variable inside a variable to a function. sample code below -------------- for x in 1 9 do check_null $C$x ##call function to check if the value is null if then echo "line number:$var_cnt,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingVikram
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Global Env Variable

Greetings: I need to remove 'RUBYOPT' env variable to install MacRuby. I see it via $env (tchrc). I checked my (local) .tcshrc, .login, .profile files: not defined there. Apparently, it's not set locally. I know this RUBYOPT is global, since I can see it in another account on my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: UncleRic
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside variable inside loop headache

Hi Gurus I have a file called /tmp/CMDB which looks like this serial: 0623AN1208 hostname: server1 model: x4100 assetID: 1234 I am writing a for loop that will go through this file line by line creating a variable of itself. Using the first iteration of the loop (i.e. the first line) as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Accessing global-zone installed application

Hi, Is it possible to access application installed on global-zone from a non-global zone? Is there any configuration to achieve the above requirement? Tried looking up information but unable to find. Thanks in advance. Eugene (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srage
3 Replies

7. Programming

design query: where to lock mutex for function accessing global value?

Hi, Suppose I have a function that accesses and increments a global variable . This function is run as part of thread. One locks mutex in the function and unlocks it after the processing is done. Is there any alternative way? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjayc
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: accessing reference to variable inside hash.

Below is hash which contains reference to variables: my %mandatoryFields = ( 1 => \$msgtype, 2 => \$switchtype, 3 => \$card_nbr, 4 => \$natv_tran_type_code, 5 => \$amt_1 ); This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with accessing value inside while loop, outside it

Hi, GetName() { if then echo " Please enter the name: " read Name tempvar=0 while read line do if then tempvar=`expr $tempvar + 1` echo $tempvar ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to call variable inside a function globally?

Hi Gurus, Is there a way to call a variable inside a function anywhere within the script? Thanks. BR, Ernesto (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)