Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers oneliner for adding header and trailer Post 302600824 by pandeesh on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 07:13:34 AM
Old 02-22-2012
oneliner for adding header and trailer

for example, i have a file with below content:
Code:

i want the output as:
Code:
This is header
This is trailer

i am able to achieve it using a bash script.

But is it possible to achieve this in awk or sed one liner?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append Header and Trailer

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix programming. My inquries is:- a) How to add a Header and Trailer in the set of data b) Include a number count of the data in the trailer The set of data only contained the information of 'Customer's Name' and 'Account Number'. I would like to add the Header... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balzzz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Header & Trailer from a file

Hi All, I am karthik. I am new to this forum. I have one requirement. I have a file with header and footer. Header may be like HDR0001 or FILE20090110 (Assume it is unknown so far, but i am sure there is a header in the file) likewise file has the trailer too. I just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthi_gana
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Header as is.. trailer count

i have .DAT file FILE1.DAT 1200910270040625 2123456789 J123456 ABC 2123456789 K123456 ABC 2222222222 L123456 DEF 2333333333 M12345 GHI 30000004 My outfile FILE2.TXT should have like this, I need the header value as ie (1200910270040625 ) body rows remove the duplicate rows and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshuser
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Header and Trailer records to a appended file

How can we a shell script and pass date parameters .I have 3 files comming from Datastage with |" delimited I need append 3 files as above: File1: P0000|"47416954|"AU|"000|"INS|"0000|"|"20060601|"99991231|"|"|"|"|"01 File 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: e1994264
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding header and trailer into a file

Hi, I want to add the below Header to all the files in sequence File1,File2,File3...etc "ABC,<number of chracter in the file>" e,g - If File1 is as below pqrstuvdt abcdefgh then I want to add the above header into it ,So that File1 becomes as below ABC,17 pqrstuvdt abcdefgh ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spari2
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate file header and trailer

Hi, I need a script that validates a file header/detail/trailer. File layout is: Header - Rec_Type|File_name|File_Date Detail - Rec_Type|field1|field2|field3... Trailder - Rec_Type|File_name|File_Date|Record_count Sample Data: HDR|customer_data.dat|20120709... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_sh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the header and trailer in file

please see my requirement, I hope I am clear. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split and add header and trailer from input file

I need to split the file based on pattern from position 34-37 while retaining the header and trailer records in each individual split file Also is it possible to output the TOM and PAT records in the same output file ? I need the output file names same as xyz_pattern_Datetimestamp.txt ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: techedipro
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort without Header and Trailer

Hi , My UNIX system is SUN Solaris. I am trying to do a simple thing as described below. I have a PIPE delimited file that has header and trailer. So the file is something like below: Test1.txt looks like something below: field_data1|field_data2|and some more data --Header ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Header and trailer Check in UNIX

I am planning to automate multiple files through Unix script. Could you please guide for making the automation for multiple files ? Eg. I have to check header and footer for all files in the particular path and the header pattern should match with the filename. Filename- Filename.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick2020333
2 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)