Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK, Perl or Shell? Unique strings and their maximum values from 3 column data file Post 302600799 by balajesuri on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 05:14:20 AM
Old 02-22-2012
Code:
perl -ane 'if($F[2] > $x{$F[1]}){$y{$F[1]}=$F[0]; $x{$F[1]}=$F[2]}; END{for(keys %x){print "$y{$_} $_ $x{$_}\n"}}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

return a list of unique values of a column from csv format file

Hi all, I have a huge csv file with the following format of data, Num SNPs, 549997 Total SNPs,555352 Num Samples, 157 SNP, SampleID, Allele1, Allele2 A001,AB1,A,A A002,AB1,A,A A003,AB1,A,A ... ... ... I would like to write out a list of unique SNP (column 1). Could you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print unique values of a column and sum up the corresponding values in next column

Hi All, I have a file which is having 3 columns as (string string integer) a b 1 x y 2 p k 5 y y 4 ..... ..... Question: I want get the unique value of column 2 in a sorted way(on column 2) and the sum of the 3rd column of the corresponding rows. e.g the above file should return the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amigarus
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Data Structure - Non unique values

I have the perl data structure and what i need to do is find all values in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'D'}} which are not there in @{$extractColumns{'2'}{'M'}} but seems like i need to put a flag somewhere and i messed up foreach my $order (keys %extractColumns) { foreach my $value... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for each different entry in column 1 extract maximum values from column 2 in unix/awk

Hello, I have 2 columns (1st column has multiple entries but the corresponding values in the column 2 may be the same or different.) however I want to extract unique values for each entry in column 1 by assigning the max value from column 2 SDF4 -0.211654 SDF4 0.978068 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diya123
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculating unique strings values

Hi, Im looking for a script which will calculate the unique strings column 2 & 3 values in a log as mentioned in example eg:- bag 12 12 bag 18 15 bags 15 13 bags 15 14 blazer 24 24 blazer 33 32 boots 19 15 Result should be:- bag 30 27 bags 30 27... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulwintech
9 Replies

6. Linux

To get all the columns in a CSV file based on unique values of particular column

cat sample.csv ID,Name,no 1,AAA,1 2,BBB,1 3,AAA,1 4,BBB,1 cut -d',' -f2 sample.csv | sort | uniq this gives only the 2nd column values Name AAA BBB How to I get all the columns of CSV along with this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanvel
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting unique values of a column from a feed file

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to find and use the maximum value in column of data

Dear Unix Gurus, I have a text file with multiple columns, for example, see sample.txt below 0 1 301 1 4 250 2 6 140 3 2 610 7 1 180I want to find the maximum in, say, column 3, normalise all the values to this maximum value (to 4 decimal places) and spit everything into a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tintin72
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter out lines containing unique values in a specified column

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain four columns of strings: File1: Code: 123 abc gfh 273 456 ddff jfh 837 789 ghi u4u 395 File2: Code: 123 abc dd fu 456 def 457 nd 891 384 djh 783 I want to compare the strings in Column 1 of File 1 with each other file and Print in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find minimum and maximum values based on column with associative array

Hello, I need to find out the minimum and maximum values based on specific column, and then print out the entire row with the max value. Infile.txt: scf6 290173 290416 . + X_047241 T_00113118-1 scf6 290491 290957 . + X_047241 T_00113118-2 scf6 290898 290957 . + X_047241 T_00113119-3 scf6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
2 Replies
tokenmt(7ipp)						   IP Quality of Service Modules					     tokenmt(7ipp)

NAME
tokenmt - Single and Two Rate Three Conformance Level Meter DESCRIPTION
The tokenmt module can be configured as a Single or a Two Rate meter. Packets are deemed to belong to one of the three levels - Red, Yellow or Green - depending on the configured rate(s) and the burst sizes. When configured as a Single Rate meter, tokenmt can operate with just the Green and Red levels. Configuration parameters for tokenmt correspond to definitions in RFC- 2697 and RFC- 2698 as follows: Configuring tokenmt as a Single Rate meter (from RFC- 2697): committed_rate - CIR committed_burst - CBS peak_burst - EBS (thus 'peak_burst' for a single rate meter is actually the 'excess burst' in the RFC. However, throughout the text the parameter name "peak burst" is used.) Configuring tokenmt as a Two Rate meter (from RFC- 2698): committed_rate - CIR peak_rate - PIR committed_burst - CBS peak_burst - PBS The meter is implemented using token buckets C and P, which initially hold tokens equivalent to committed and peak burst sizes (bits) respectively. When a packet of size B bits arrive at time t, the following occurs: When operating as a Single Rate meter, the outcome (level) is decided as follows: - Update tokens in C and P o Compute no. of tokens accumulated since the last time packet was seen at the committed rate as T(t) = committed rate * (t - t') (where t' is the time the last packet was seen) o Add T tokens to C up to a maximum of committed burst size. Add remaining tokens ((C+T) - Commited Burst), if any, to P, to a maximum of peak burst size. - Decide outcome o If not color aware o If B <= C, outcome is GREEN and C -= B. o Else, if B <= P, outcome is YELLOW and P -= B. o Else, outcome is Red. o Else, o obtain DSCP from packet o obtain color from color_map, color_map[DSCP] o if (color is GREEN) and (B <= C), outcome is GREEN and C -= B. o Else, if (color is GREEN or YELLOW) and (B <= P), outcome is YELLOW and P -= B. o Else, outcome is RED. Note that if peak_burst and yellow_next_actions are not specified (that is, a single rate meter with two outcomes), the outcome is never YELLOW. When operating as a Two Rate meter, the outcome (level) is decided as follows: - Update tokens in C and P o Compute no. of tokens accumulated since the last time a packet was seen at the committed and peak rates as Tc(t) = committed rate * (t - t') Tp(t) = peak rate * (t - t') (where t' is the time the last packet was seen) o Add Tc to C up to a maximum of committed burst size o Add Tp to P up to a maximum of peak burst size - Decide outcome o If not color aware o If B > P, outcome is RED. o Else, if B > C, outcome is YELLOW and P -= B o Else, outcome is GREEN and C -= B & P -= B o Else, o obtain DSCP from packet o obtain color from color_map, color_map[DSCP] o if (color is RED) or (B > P), outcome is RED o Else, if (color is YELLOW) or (B > C), outcome is YELLOW and P -= B o Else, outcome is GREEN and C -= B & P -= B STATISTICS
The tokenmt module exports the following statistics through kstat: Global statistics: module: tokenmt instance: <action id> name: tokenmt statistics class <action name> epackets <number of packets in error> green_bits <number of bits in green> green_packets <number of packets in green> red_bits <number of bits in red> red_packets <number of packets in red> yellow_bits <number of bits in yellow> yellow packets <number of packets in yellow> FILES
/kernel/ipp/sparcv9/tokenmt 64-bit module (SPARC only.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWqos | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ipqosconf(1M), dlcosmk(7ipp), dscpmk(7ipp), flowacct(7ipp), ipqos(7ipp), ipgpc(7ipp), tswtclmt(7ipp) RFC 2697, A Single Rate Three Color Marker J. Heinanen, R. Guerin -- The Internet Society, 1999 RFC 2698, A Two Rate Three Color Marker J. Heinanen, R. Guerin -- The Internet Society, 1999 SunOS 5.11 29 Sep 2004 tokenmt(7ipp)