Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Regarding help for making own OS Post 302600746 by complex.invoke on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 02:54:06 AM
Old 02-22-2012

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a Directory

Hi everyone, Im trying to make a new directory based on a name given in a file called directory_file which contains the following content: garbage gargbage Directory: running more garbage gargbage more garbage gargbage more garbage gargbage So basically i have a shell script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making the right choise

I need help on making right decision on witch unix based OS to choose from. What woud be the great for a beginner? :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thunderfastfox
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help making loops

I feel like what I need to do, would be best accomplished with a loop. However I dont have the slightest idea how to set that up. The script is part of a interactive shell, for making settings to a Mac OS X server. This particular part is in regards to disabling files services. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: afriend
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

making sure my string is [a-z] only

Hi there I am trying to figure out how I can validate my string to ensure that it is consists of only lower case alpha chrataters but for some reason whatever I do, it seems to come back with 'true' I have tried if " ]] ; then echo "yes its fine" else echo... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
21 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

help making a library.

I understand how to use vi and emacs but I have a project which entails building a library application like a phone directory or listing of dvd's. I am lost on where to start. any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gustave
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help making a library

I understand how to use vi and emacs but I have a project which entails building a library application like a phone directory or listing of dvd's. I am lost on where to start. any help would be appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gustave
3 Replies
MakeMethods::Utility::TextBuilder(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    MakeMethods::Utility::TextBuilder(3pm)

NAME
Class::MakeMethods::Utility::TextBuilder - Basic text substitutions SYNOPSIS
print text_builder( $base_text, @exprs ) DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function, which implements a simple "text macro" mechanism for assembling templated text strings. $expanded_text = text_builder( $base_text, @exprs ) Returns a modified copy of $base_text using rules from the @exprs list. The @exprs list may contain any of the following: o A string, in which any '*' characters will be replaced by the base text. The interpolated string then replaces the base text. o A code-ref, which will be called with the base text as its only argument. The result of that call then replaces the base text. o A hash-ref, which will be added to the substitution hash used in the second pass, below. o An array-ref, containing additional expressions to be treated as above. After any initial string and code-ref rules have been applied, the hash of substitution rules are applied. The text will be searched for occurances of the keys of the substitution hash, which will be modified based on the corresponding value in the hash. If the substitution key ends with '{}', the search will also match a balanced block of braces, and that value will also be used in the substitution. The hash-ref may contain the following types of rules: o 'string' => 'string' Occurances of the first string are to be replaced by the second. o 'string' => code_ref Occurances of the string are to be replaced by the results of calling the subroutine with no arguments. o 'string{}' => 'string' Occurances of the first string and subsequent block of braces are replaced by a copy of the second string in which any '*' characters have first been replaced by the contents of the brace block. o 'string{}' => code_ref Occurances of the string and subsequent block of braces are replaced by the results of calling the subroutine with the contents of the brace block as its only argument. o 'string{}' => hash_ref Occurances of the string and subsequent block of braces are replaced by using the contents of the brace block as a key into the provided hash-ref. EXAMPLE
The following text and modification rules provides a skeleton for a collection letter: my $letter = "You owe us AMOUNT. Please pay up! " . "THREAT{SEVERITY}"; my @exprs = ( "Dear NAMEm *", "* -- The Management", { 'THREAT{}' => { 'good'=>'Please?', 'bad'=>'Or else!' } }, " DATE *", { 'DATE' => 'Tuesday, April 1, 2001' }, ); One might invoke this template by providing additional data for a given instance and calling the text_builder function: my $item = { 'NAME'=>'John', 'AMOUNT'=>'200 camels', 'SEVERITY'=>'bad' }; print text_builder( $letter, @exprs, $item ); The resulting output is shown below: Tuesday, April 1, 2001 Dear John, You owe us 200 camels. Please pay up! Or else! -- The Management SEE ALSO
See Class::MakeMethods for general information about this distribution. perl v5.10.1 2004-09-06 MakeMethods::Utility::TextBuilder(3pm)