Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp an excel file from windows to unix Post 302600717 by anoopnambiar on Wednesday 22nd of February 2012 01:08:01 AM
Old 02-22-2012
Hi gani,
You can use the perl module named "Spreadsheet::ParseExcel" for parsing .xls file in unix

regards
anoop
This User Gave Thanks to anoopnambiar For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Updating a csv file held on a unix box with excel running on windows

Hi, my question is quite simple: Can I update a csv file which is held on a unix box (and which a script on the same box uses) with Microsoft Excel running in a windows environment? Or, is there a free spreadsheet package available to run in unix that will update my csv file. I know it's easy to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file from Windows to Unix automatically

Hi, Is there a way to ftp file from windows to Unix directory by using crontab to set up a job ? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How send a file from UNIX to Windows with FTP

Hi I'm new working in UNIX, So, I want to know How I can send a file from UNIX to Windows server with FTP. This is my script. ftp -i -n -v <<** open 199.99.99.99 user user1 password1 lcd C01_07_06 /* source/ cd //199.98.98.98/group1/reports /*destination*/ put file1.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edzela
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to FTP file from Windows to unix

I need your help for a FTP Job to be schedule to copy files from windows to Unix. in a set of time interval. My requirement is as follows. 1.Script should check whether file is available in the windows folder , if available then do FTP to unix server , and then move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.kamble
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I access the create date from Windows after the file has been FTP'd to UNIX ?

I run an application that creates a hostname_log.txt file on the c:\ of each windows workstation. At the end of each day, these log files are FTP'd to a directory on a UNIX box. When I run "ls -lrt", the timestamp that is displayed is the timestamp that the FTP occured, not the timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavman99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp the latest file from unix to windows

Hi, I have a ftp script to ftp files from unix to windows. Now i need to pull the latest file from unix to windows. It is not working. ftp -nvi $SERVER > ${FILE_DIR}/NavigationftpLog << EOD user $USER $PWD lcd $FILE_DIR echo "the local directory is $FILE_DIR" cd $Remote_PATH echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer from windows to unix using ftp

Hi all, I have a file in windows, example a.txt **** aaa bbb ccc <empty line> when i transfer this file to unix using ftp, and viewed the file # vi a.txt aaa bbb ccc # I dont get the empty line which i specified in that file in windows. Please help me, which in unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for ftp a file from unix to windows server

I have a problem with ftp. i want to ftp a file "file.txt" from unix box to windows server. The destination folder is something like this: "\\windowsservername\apps\is\" FTPUSER=ftp1 FTPPASS=**** ftp -v -d -n > ftplog <<!EOF open windowsservername user $FTPUSER $FTPASS cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP XLSX file from UNIX to windows

Hi, Could someone suggest me how to FTP a xlsx file from unix to windows. I can able to transfer xls file from unix to windows successfully. But if i transfer the xlsx file im not able to open, it through error like "The file format or file extension is not valid" Thanks Rathna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rathnakumar
4 Replies
ddi_dma_numwin(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dma_numwin(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_numwin - retrieve number of DMA windows SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_numwin(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t *nwinp); PARAMETERS
handle The DMA handle previously allocated by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). nwinp Upon a successful return, nwinp will contain the number of DMA windows for this object. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_numwin() returns the number of DMA windows for a DMA object if partial resource allocation was permitted. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_numwin() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in the number of DMA windows. DDI_FAILURE DMA windows are not activated. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_numwin() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_unbind_handle(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 1994 ddi_dma_numwin(9F)