Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp an excel file from windows to unix Post 302600678 by gani_85 on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 11:47:03 PM
Old 02-22-2012
ftp an excel file from windows to unix

Hi all..

Please help me on below requirement.

I have an excel file ftped from windows to unix location. I am not able to open the file. if i am opening it in vi editor, i am getting only junk characters. I have to make the excel file as .csv file and read the data to put some business logic.

Thanks in adv....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Updating a csv file held on a unix box with excel running on windows

Hi, my question is quite simple: Can I update a csv file which is held on a unix box (and which a script on the same box uses) with Microsoft Excel running in a windows environment? Or, is there a free spreadsheet package available to run in unix that will update my csv file. I know it's easy to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sn33R
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp file from Windows to Unix automatically

Hi, Is there a way to ftp file from windows to Unix directory by using crontab to set up a job ? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How send a file from UNIX to Windows with FTP

Hi I'm new working in UNIX, So, I want to know How I can send a file from UNIX to Windows server with FTP. This is my script. ftp -i -n -v <<** open 199.99.99.99 user user1 password1 lcd C01_07_06 /* source/ cd //199.98.98.98/group1/reports /*destination*/ put file1.sh ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edzela
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to FTP file from Windows to unix

I need your help for a FTP Job to be schedule to copy files from windows to Unix. in a set of time interval. My requirement is as follows. 1.Script should check whether file is available in the windows folder , if available then do FTP to unix server , and then move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.kamble
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I access the create date from Windows after the file has been FTP'd to UNIX ?

I run an application that creates a hostname_log.txt file on the c:\ of each windows workstation. At the end of each day, these log files are FTP'd to a directory on a UNIX box. When I run "ls -lrt", the timestamp that is displayed is the timestamp that the FTP occured, not the timestamp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavman99
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp the latest file from unix to windows

Hi, I have a ftp script to ftp files from unix to windows. Now i need to pull the latest file from unix to windows. It is not working. ftp -nvi $SERVER > ${FILE_DIR}/NavigationftpLog << EOD user $USER $PWD lcd $FILE_DIR echo "the local directory is $FILE_DIR" cd $Remote_PATH echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer from windows to unix using ftp

Hi all, I have a file in windows, example a.txt **** aaa bbb ccc <empty line> when i transfer this file to unix using ftp, and viewed the file # vi a.txt aaa bbb ccc # I dont get the empty line which i specified in that file in windows. Please help me, which in unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for ftp a file from unix to windows server

I have a problem with ftp. i want to ftp a file "file.txt" from unix box to windows server. The destination folder is something like this: "\\windowsservername\apps\is\" FTPUSER=ftp1 FTPPASS=**** ftp -v -d -n > ftplog <<!EOF open windowsservername user $FTPUSER $FTPASS cd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diddy
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP XLSX file from UNIX to windows

Hi, Could someone suggest me how to FTP a xlsx file from unix to windows. I can able to transfer xls file from unix to windows successfully. But if i transfer the xlsx file im not able to open, it through error like "The file format or file extension is not valid" Thanks Rathna (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rathnakumar
4 Replies
Excel::Template::Plus::TT(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Excel::Template::Plus::TT(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Plus::TT - Extension of Excel::Template to use TT SYNOPSIS
use Excel::Template::Plus::TT; # this is most commonly used through # the Excel::Template::Plus factory my $template = Excel::Template::Plus::TT->new( template => 'greeting.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { greeting => 'Hello' } ); $template->param(location => 'World'); $template->write_file('greeting.xls'); DESCRIPTION
This is an engine for Excel::Template::Plus which replaces the standard Excel::Template template features with TT. See the Excel::Template::Plus docs for more information. METHODS
Accessors config template template_class params Excel::Template compat methods params ($name | $name = $value)> This provides access to getting and setting the parameters, it behaves exactly like the standard CGI.pm-style param method. output Returns the generated excel file. write_file ($filename) Writes the generated excel file to $filename. Housekeeping DEMOLISH This will cleanup any temp files generated in the process. meta Returns the metaclass. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
This module was inspired by Excel::Template::TT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Excel::Template::Plus::TT(3pm)