Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy files into another directory Post 302600657 by balajesuri on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 07:51:08 PM
Old 02-21-2012
Welcome to the forum.
1. Please post few lines from the HTML file.. lines containing both absolute linking and relative linking (preferably covering all possibilities that needs to be parsed)
2. And please use code tags for codes and data samples.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from one directory to another

I need to copy about 13 Tb of data from one directory and subdirectories to the other (another mount point). If I run this as a cron, say between 10 pm and 7 am, not all of the files will be copied over. Is there a way of 'resuming' the copy the following evenings until all files are copied over? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hd2006
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from one directory to another

Hi when copy the files from one directory to another as like below,it is tried to copy *. as a file. cp /home/rha/*. My objective is to copy all the files (don't care about case sensitive), Thanks in advance for your valuable reply. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HAA
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Copy files from the file to another directory

I have created a file that has list of all the files I want to copy into another directory.Is there a way to do it? Thanks In advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreethik
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files with new extension in same directory

I've been able to find all the extensionless files named photos using the command: find /usr/local/apache/htdocs -name photos -print0 I need to copy those files to the name photos.php in their same directory. I've found a bunch of xarg examples for moving to other directories but I wasn't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy directory tree with files

Iam in the process of copying a directory with thousands of directories and files into a new directory. I need to preserve permissions, owner, group, date and timestamps, everything. Iam using AIX and would need help of writing the command whether it is cp-RP or cpio. Apprecaite your... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baanprog
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy all files into the same directory

Dear All, Again I have another simple question. :confused: I want to write a csh which can copy all files of a current directory with a new name in the same directory, I mean: If I have tree bird apple as files in a directory I want to give ,say number 007 as argument to my csh and it copies... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreamer0085
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files with same name but different extension from 2 different directory

Hi all, i have 2 directory of files, the first directory(ext1directory) contain files of extension .ext1 and the second directory(allextdirectory) contains files of multiple extensions (.ext1,.ext2,.ext3,..) so i want to copy the files from directory 2(allextdirectory) that have the same name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy a number of files to a directory, then more to another

I can't find how to do this. I want to take a bulk of files, and copy/move a specific number of them (say 1000) to a newly created directory. Once that directory is full, I want to create a new folder and copy/move another batch of files, and so on. Seems like there should be an easy way to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: twjolson
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the files in directory and sub folders as it is to another directory.

How to copy files from one directory to another directory with the subfolders copied. If i have folder1/sub1/sub2/* it needs to copy files to folder2/sub1/sub2/*. I do not want to create sub folders in folder2. Can copy command create them automatically? I tried cp -a and cp -R but did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
4 Replies
html2pdbtxt(1)						      General Commands Manual						    html2pdbtxt(1)

NAME
html2pdbtxt - HTML to Doc Text converter for Palm Pilots SYNOPSIS
html2pdbtxt [ -bchars ] [ -ttitle ] [ -uURL ] file.html [ file.txt ] html2pdbtxt -v DESCRIPTION
html2pdbtxt converts HTML to text suitable for conversion to a Doc(4) file via txt2pdbdoc(1). If no text filename is given, the generated text is sent to standard output. HTML Tags The following HTML tags (and corresponding ending tags) are recognized: ADDRESS, A NAME, BLOCKQUOTE, BR, CENTER, DIV, DL, DT, H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, OL, OPTION, PRE, P, SELECT, SCRIPT, STYLE, TABLE, TITLE, UL. In all cases, the most ``reasonable'' thing is done given the constraints of the Doc(4) format which is essentially plain text. ALT attributes (typically found in IMG tags) have their text extracted and placed between brackets [like this]. All other HTML tags are stripped. Character Entities Both HTML character and numeric (decimal and hexadecimal) entity references are converted to their byte value according to the ISO 8859-1 (Latin 1) character set so they appear properly on the Pilot. For example, ``r&eacute;sum&#233;'' becomes ``resume'' with accented letter 'e's. Document Title Unless specified with the -t option, the HTML file is scanned for <TITLE> ... </TITLE> tags and, if found, the title is extracted and put on line 1 of the generated file. Bookmarks Bookmarks are placed into the generated file wherever <A NAME="..."> tags are found in the HTML file. OPTIONS
-bchars Specify the character sequence that is to serve as the bookmark indicator. The default is (*). (See the CAVEATS.) -ttitle Specify the title of the document that is to appear on line 1 of the generated file overriding any title found inside the HTML file between <TITLE> ... </TITLE> tags. -uurl Specify the URL the HTML file supposedly came from and put it on the line after the title, if any, in the generated file. -v Print the version number to standard output and exit. EXAMPLE
To convert an HTML file to Doc: html2pdbtxt -u http://www.wonderland.org/ alice.html alice.txt txt2pdbdoc "`head -1 alice.txt`" alice.txt alice.pdb CAVEATS
1. Some Doc readers have a ``feature'' whereby, during the scan for bookmarks phase, they recognize the bookmark sequence of characters anywhere in the text and not just at the beginning of a line. 2. Some Doc readers do not allow the bookmark sequence to contain the > character since they interpret that as the sequence delimiter, e.g., <->> will be interpreted as the sequence being merely -. 3. Ordered lists (via the OL tag) are treated as unordered lists (like the UL tag) because it would greatly complicate the code since it would have to be parsed rather than simple substitutions being performed. SEE ALSO
pdbtxt2html(1), txt2pdbdoc(1), doc(4), pdb(4) International Standards Organization. ``ISO 8859-1: Information Processing -- 8-bit single-byte coded graphic character sets -- Part 1: Latin alphabet No. 1.'' 1987. World Wide Web Consortium. ``Character entity references in HTML 4.0.'' HTML 4.0 Specification, http://www.w3.org/ AUTHOR
Paul J. Lucas <pauljlucas@mac.com> html2pdbtxt January 21, 2005 html2pdbtxt(1)