Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 8 Flar Creation/Restore Post 302600630 by scifi_vixen on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 04:08:33 PM
Old 02-21-2012
Solaris 8 Flar Creation/Restore

I'm new to utilizing Solaris... especially the old 8 version, but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to create a Flash Archive of a disk that can be restored on a smaller size disk or disk of varying size?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with restore sun solaris 9

I tried to restore my server with backup tape, but after the restoration complete, install bootblk and edit the vfstab file, i cant boot up my server with the error message can't find /packages. Anyone can help me pls? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybh
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart / Flar problems Solaris 10 8/07

Hi, Im trying to make a jumpstart dvd using an flar archive. I have done this before on earlier releases of Solaris 10 (Sparc). Im now trying to do the same with the 8/07 release.. Problem : After the server is installed (during first boot ) the Select keyboard layout dialog appears. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: s93366
5 Replies

3. Solaris

FLAR Tape Backup/Restore

I have a T2000 server that is JumpStarted with Solaris 10 from the JumpStart server. Host name and IP address is changed after that. Then we backup the server using FLAR to tape: root.damas# date; flarcreate -c -t -n "Sol10_cairo_image" -a "engineering@starsolutions.com" -R / /dev/rmt/0n ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Restore a database on solaris..

hi All, Can anyone help me with the set of commands which are used to restore maybe a sybase database on solaris.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sankasu
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Restore Point

Hi, Is there a Restore Point on Solaris 8 like windows ? Today I restarted my machine and saw that one entire Directory is missing. Need to restore the lost data :(:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
6 Replies

6. Solaris

flar restore with svm mirrors failing to create boot image

In a Solaris9 environment I'm trying to restore flash archive (flar) with SVM mirrored devices to same server via jumpstart server and it is failing to create boot file and drops down to a command prompt in single user mode, metastat -i and metastat -p output looks good when compared to the ones... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
0 Replies

7. Solaris

"flar create" produces a tiny flar image of rpool

Hi, can someone help with the following? I got 1x146GB disk which is span by just one zfs rpool. When issue for example: as you can see in above output the flar is very small, just around 10KB rpool with all data sets has several GB so this can't be good image. This is on the Solaris 10... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomSu
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Restore from flar image

Hi! I want to migrate Sun Fire v240 server (sun4u) with Solaris 10 update 6 to LDOM virtual host (sun4v). I was mount NFS directory from another server in /mnt and did this steps on v240 1) I add to the /var/sadm/system/admin/.platform PLATFORM_GROUP=sun4v # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pbubentsov
1 Replies

9. Solaris

No way to install a flar archive of Solaris 10 to Solaris 11.4 zone

I want to migrate a solaris 10 os to solaris 11.4 zone. I did this a)Collect some data like id sysid,disks,ip,etc..on solaris10 OK b)Create this file.cfg with this command on solaris 10 zonep2vchk -c > /migration/sol10.cfg OK c)Create the archive flash on Solaris10 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
vxreattach(1M)															    vxreattach(1M)

NAME
vxreattach - reattach disk drives that have once again become accessible SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxreattach [-br ] [accessname...] /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c accessname DESCRIPTION
The vxreattach utility reattaches disks to the disk group they were in and retains the same media name. This operation may be necessary if a disk has a transient failure, or if Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM) starts with some disk drivers unloaded and unloadable. Disks then enter the failed state. If the problem is fixed, vxreattach may be able to reattach the disks without plexes being flagged as stale, as long as the reattach happens before any volumes on the disk are started. vxreattach tries to find a disk in the same disk group with the same disk ID for the disk(s) to be reattached. The reattach operation may fail even after finding the disk with the matching disk ID if the original cause (or some other cause) for the disk failure still exists. vxreattach is usually invoked by vxdiskadm when performing disk recovery. It is not intended to be run directly by an administrator. OPTIONS
-b Performs the reattach operation in the background. -c Checks if a reattach is possible. No operation is performed, but the name of the disk group and disk media name at which the disk can be reattached is displayed. -r Tries to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the failed disk. It does this by calling vxrecover. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if the reattach is performed; non-zero is returned otherwise. See vxintro(1M) for a list of standard exit codes. EXAMPLES
Check if reattachment of disk c1t2d0 is possible: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -c c1t2d0 If reattachment is possible, vxreattach returns with an exit status of 0 and displays the disk group name and disk media name. If reat- tachment is not possible, vxreattach returns an exit status of 2 and displays an error. Attempt to reattach the disk in the foreground and try to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the disk: /etc/vx/bin/vxreattach -r c1t2d0 If the reattachment is successful, vxreattach returns an exit status of 0. Otherwise, if an error occurs, vxreattach returns a non-zero exit code as defined on vxintro(1M). FILES
/etc/default/vxplex Standard defaults file that can be used to determine whether FastResync is used when attaching plexes. See vxplex(1M) for details. SEE ALSO
vxdiskadm(1M), vxintro(1M), vxplex(1M), vxrecover(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxreattach(1M)