Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Low Virtual memory available
Operating Systems AIX Low Virtual memory available Post 302600577 by fredrivard on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 12:58:28 PM
Old 02-21-2012
Just getting slow system... slow backup,, slow execution of programs, no errors...
I restarted the server, and now memory looks great.

How does FTP files transfer can fulls memory like that? there must be a way to prevent that?

Thanks for your reply!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

2. AIX

ulimits max locked memory virtual memory

Hi, Would any one be so kind to explain me : are ulimits defined for each user seperately ? When ? Specialy what is the impact of : max locked memory and virtual memory on performance of applications for a user. Many thanks. PS : this is what I can see in MAN : ulimit ] ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

4. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

GUI for RHEL5 on low memory system

I've got RHEL5 running in CLI mode on a powerful workstation. It was a Pentium Pro 200 Mhz, but was upgraded to the new Pentium II Overdrive 333 Mhz chip. This machine has 128 MB of RAM. The video card is an ATI Radeon 9250. RHEL5 runs fine in 128 MB in CLI mode. It won't run in GUI mode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)