Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Low Virtual memory available
Operating Systems AIX Low Virtual memory available Post 302600576 by Padow on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 12:53:14 PM
Old 02-21-2012
Are you getting errors in another application, or do you just want to see memory free? File memory (like reading large files to perform a backup) will not be freed unless that memory is needed for something else.
Padow

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

2. AIX

ulimits max locked memory virtual memory

Hi, Would any one be so kind to explain me : are ulimits defined for each user seperately ? When ? Specialy what is the impact of : max locked memory and virtual memory on performance of applications for a user. Many thanks. PS : this is what I can see in MAN : ulimit ] ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cpu, memory and virtual memory usage

Hi All, Does anyone know what the best commands in the UNIX command line are for obtaining this info: current CPU usage memory usage virtual memory usage preferably with date and time parameters too? thanks ocelot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
4 Replies

4. AIX

High Runqueue (R) LOW CPU LOW I/O Low Network Low memory usage

Hello All I have a system running AIX 61 shared uncapped partition (with 11 physical processors, 24 Virtual 72GB of Memory) . The output from NMON, vmstat show a high run queue (60+) for continous periods of time intervals, but NO paging, relatively low I/o (6000) , CPU % is 40, Low network.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IL-Malti
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

GUI for RHEL5 on low memory system

I've got RHEL5 running in CLI mode on a powerful workstation. It was a Pentium Pro 200 Mhz, but was upgraded to the new Pentium II Overdrive 333 Mhz chip. This machine has 128 MB of RAM. The video card is an ATI Radeon 9250. RHEL5 runs fine in 128 MB in CLI mode. It won't run in GUI mode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux live cd for low memory

Could I please get some recommendations of a linux live cd for low memory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
curs_memleaks(3X)														 curs_memleaks(3X)

NAME
_nc_freeall _nc_free_and_exit - curses memory-leak checking SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> void _nc_freeall(void); void _nc_free_and_exit(int); DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to simplify analysis of memory leaks in the ncurses library. They are normally not available; they must be con- figured into the library at build time using the --disable-leaks option. That compiles-in code that frees memory that normally would not be freed. Any implementation of curses must not free the memory associated with a screen, since (even after calling endwin), it must be available for use in the next call to refresh. There are also chunks of memory held for performance reasons. That makes it hard to analyze curses ap- plications for memory leaks. To work around this, one can build a debugging version of the ncurses library which frees those chunks which it can, and provides these functions to free all of the memory allocated by the ncurses library. The _nc_free_and_exit function is the preferred one since some of the memory which is freed may be required for the application to continue running. Its parameter is the code to pass to the exit routine. RETURN VALUE
These functions do not return a value. PORTABILITY
These functions are not part of the XSI interface. SEE ALSO
curses(3X). curs_memleaks(3X)