Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting want to print the file content from the specific line Post 302600377 by balajesuri on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 02:00:04 AM
Old 02-21-2012
Code:
sed -n '1,20p;20q' abc.txt | tac

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script - Print Content of next line

Good evening to you all perl experts I need your help I have a very simple script where I´m trying to print a line from status.dat file. The script will find the line containing "servicestatus", and I want to print the content of the next line. For example, the file contains this text:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit file content at the specific line.

How to edit file content at the specific line? For example at below The things to edit --> This is line 2. And it is below line 1. This is line 1. This is line 2. # i want to append some words at this row line. How? This is line 3. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin0618
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in sed or awk commands to print for the specific line in a file

Hi, I am trying to print a specific line in a file through sed or awk. The line number will be passed as a parameter from the previous step. My code looks as below. TEMP3=`sed -n '$TEMP2p' $FILEPATH/Log.txt` $TEMP2, I am getting from the previous step which is a numerical value(eg:3). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyasrin82
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this http://unix.com/abc/def http://unix.com/kil/min I want to use the / as separator and print the last content as another column like this http://unix.com/abc/def def http://unix.com/kil/min min I was using awk -F option and then joining the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to just print out specific line from an input file

Hi, I have a file which contains 2,500,500,432 lines. Can I know what command I should type in order just print out particular line from the input file? eg. I just wanna to see what is the contents at line 522,484,612. Thanks for advice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print String Every Specific Line

Dear All, I have input file like this, 001 059 079 996 758 079 069 059 079 ... ... Desired output: AA 001 BB 059 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print specific line using a variable

Hi Everyone, Is there a way I can print specific lines using sed -n '3,3p' file.dat or awk 'FNR==3' file.dat when using variable? For example, I have this script (get_line.ksh) that accepts line parameter that a user wanted to print in the file.dat. file.dat one two three four ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zzavilz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to print the line that share exactly same with column one content

Input file : AAAG TC AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT TCTG TCTG TCTG AC AC TCTG TCTG AC AC AC AC AC AGTG AC AGTG TCC Desired output file : AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AACCCT AC AC I would like to print out the line that share exactly same as the first column data content. Column one data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print specific line in file based on criteria

In the file below I am trying to extract a specific instance of path, if the adjacent plugin": "/rundb/api/v1/plugin/49/. Thank you :). file "path": "/results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-4-Medexome_65_028/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.52", "plugin": "/rundb/api/v1/plugin/49/",... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Break a line content and print as column

Hi, I have urls in my input file like this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)